Monster Time: Monster Clubhouse and Monster Moments

dcfboss

Reaction score
What a load of BS!!!!

Was checking out the pbs website to get info on Mr Rogers (R.I.P) and came across sesame street. so i was reading the explanations they put as to why each segment is supposed to be in the show. so i clicked on Monster clubhouse and this is what it said:

During Monster Time, children will see one of two things. Either children will see a Monster Clubhouse segment, which exposes them to a typical preschool day. Or, children will see classic monster moments, featuring furry favorites such as Super Grover, during this time slot.

this past season i've never saw one super grover segment. i saw one mosnterpiece theater, that's about it. but mostly they put stuff like elmo and robert deniro or grover and ray romano. what's so classic about that?

I don't know what their definition of class monster moments is, but seing elmo and whoppi goldberg playing the violin and drum is not my idea of a classic monster moment

CookieFan

Reaction score
You're not imagining it. Using the episode guide from sesamebeat.com (has seaon 33 eps up to 4008)

12 Monster Clubhouse
9 Guest Star segments
5 aren't mentioned
2 "other" (one is Herry & Rosita singing lullabys to their dolls, the other is telly & elmo cooperating to play the tuba & drum together)

dcfboss

Reaction score
i think another one is when a bunch of monsters want to say the alphabet and the UN guy came in an told them to co-operate

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tough Monster Clubouse has it's moments, it still isn't much good. It's so manac, it makes Spongebob cartoons look like The Boring world of Neils Bohr:attitude: !

At  any rate, they should just trash the Monster Clubbed house segments and bring back Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-per Grover.

Though, Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-per Grover did have appearances in two letter of the Day segments, that's all I know. Regular Grover had a couple segments here and there, though.

I can't wait until Global Grover premires.....:grouchy:

Hays

Reaction score
Actually, Super Grover has made several appearances on Elmo's World (though they are clearly new skits,) one on the episode about family, where you get to meet his mother during the fainting bit, and one, I think, on the episode about bicycles ('nuff said)

I miss Monsterpiece Theatre the most! I'd agree - more old skits!! Tho I still think the way to save Monster Clubhouse is to make it a dance party, with simple dances like the "honk your nose, touch your toes" one - and maybe asides like the Muppet Show's ballroom scenes.

Wonder how much credence SS gives this forum?

CookieFan

Reaction score
Yeah, but WE'RE not the target audience -- the target audience is 1-3 year olds. My 19mo gets upset if after the Monster Time intro Monster Clubhouse DOESN'T come on.

dcfboss

Reaction score
i'm not saying take out monster clubhouse at all

i know some kids like it, and if they didn't it wouldn't be in the show.

But the website says that when Baby Bear's "Hero Guy" skit is on, there is no monster clubhouse and that there will be a classic skit.....which is NOT TRUE at all

Hays

Reaction score
My 19mo gets upset if after the Monster Time intro Monster Clubhouse DOESN'T come on.
Interesting - my son (now 2 1/2) always hated Monster Clubhouse, (except for the aforementioned honk your nose song) as did his little friend - and he loves the classic monster sketches, especially Super Grover. He does, however, like the JTE animation, which I don't particularly like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just like to bring this back after seeing the new season.

Monster Clubhouse is going to go far away, soon. Next season... Pffftttt... gone...

Global Grover uses a lot of Grover, but no Super Grover, though he has been in numerous street segments (One revolved around him)...