More Animal Jam DVD's arrive in January

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Jim Henson's Animal Jam arrived on DVD in May with two different discs ("Springin'" and "Hug-A-Day"). Now, two more DVD's of the show will be released early next year.

HIT Entertainment is planning to release two more Animal Jam titles: "Let's Jam Together" and "Shake a Leg". Both DVDs are planned for release on January 3, 2006. These discs will follow the form of the past releases (two episodes of the show per disc; and no bonus features). The run time for each DVD is listed at approximately 50-minutes. The DVDs are already up for pre-order on many online stores, with a retail price of $9.99 (or less).

More information: http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2005/10/jim-hensons-animal-jam-gets-more-dvds.html

For those not familiar with the show, here are some MC reviews from a couple years ago: http://www.muppetcentral.com/article...imal_jam.shtml

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder why the single-disc Fraggle Rock DVDs have a bonus episode of Pingu but "lesser" Henson shows like Mother Goose Stories and Animal Jam don't (note: I haven't actually seen any episodes of Animal Jam, so I don't know how good or bad it is, but it seems like some fans don't like it much, and I don't really think that Mother Goose Stories is bad either, just not as good ad The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, or Dinosaurs)?

If Hit! want's bonus episodes of Pingu released on Fraggle DVDs, then I wonder why Hit! doens't release bonus episodes of other henson shows on it's releases (yes, the Fraggle Rock DVDs have bonus episodes of the animated versions, but I would have expected those to be included). Maybe the Animal Jam DVDs could have bonus episodes of The Animal Show With Stinky and jake, the Mother Goose Stories DVDs coudl have bonus episodes of Telling Stories with Tommie dePaola, and so on.

Having bonus episodes of various lesser-known henson series on DVD would be a good way to get episodes of those shows out on DVD and might even be less risky for Hit! to release those shows than if Hit! released those shows on their own DVD releases.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Animal Jam DVD's now arrive in December

On Monday I reported that two more DVDs of "Jim Henson's Animal Jam" will are planned for released in January (1/26/06 to be exact). However, after releasing that news I was contacted by HIT Entertainment with some new information about the releases. Below is an excerpt from their e-mail to me:

"...The two upcoming "Jim Henson's Animal Jam" DVD titles are now scheduled for release on December 13, 2005. In an effort to get these out before the end of the year and before the holiday rush, HIT Entertainment has decided to move the release date of these two titles up. At this time, the information on the episode titles or Disc features is not publicly available. Please check back in early December for more information when it is posted in our webstore for customers to pre-order online at www.hitshopusa.com..."