More CRANK YANKERS on its way

rickly

Reaction score
Comedy Central cranks up "Yankers"
Tue Jul 2, 6:06 AM ET

By Melissa Grego

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Comedy Central has ordered 20 additional episodes of "Crank Yankers," after airing just five installments of the primetime series.

The 10-episode first season of "Crank Yankers," in which actual crank calls form the basis for a storyline about a twisted town inhabited solely by puppets, debuted June 2. Its ratings have consistently built upon its lead-in.

"We're really pleased so far, and the show has got a lot of potential," Comedy Central executive VP-general manager Bill Hilary told Daily Variety. "Why wait around to order?"

"Crank Yankers" has drawn an average 1.2 million viewers during its first four Sunday night airings, with adults 18-49 repping 70% of its audience. The episodes have been premiering at 10:30 on Sundays after repeats of "The Man Show." Its repeats, however, which follow ratings stalwart "South Park" on Wednesdays, have posted even higher numbers than the Sunday premieres, albeit lower than "South Park's" figures.

"Loveline" co-host Adam Carolla created and executive produces the show with his partners in Jackhole Industries, Daniel Kellison and Jimmy Kimmel.

The new episodes will debut "as soon as we can get them," Hilary said, likely early next year.

Reuters/Variety

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Never seen CY yet...guhhh. I dunno when its on.

Someday I'll get to see it...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I've found some of it kinda distasteful or "not my cup of tea" (even though I hate tea with a passion), but I also find some of it to be really funny!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Ironically enough, I think the funniest parts of the show are the skits that DON'T involve crank calling, like those Confutios Says bits.

Splurge

Reaction score
I liked the segment "When Puppets Explode". I'm sure Jim Henson would have liked it too.

Ernie101

Reaction score
yes i do love that show and i find it very funny i plan on buying the cd that has just came out,also i was about to post this same thread!:smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
Say Rickly,

Which of the regular puppet characters do you operate?

Movies205

Reaction score
I've found some of it kinda distasteful or "not my cup of tea" (even though I hate tea with a passion), but I also find some of it to be really funny!
I agree somewhat wiht this, I mean some of it can be funny, then other parts are wrong. Like anything involving naked puppets is just wrong....

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
I agree somewhat wiht this, I mean some of it can be funny, then other parts are wrong. Like anything involving naked puppets is just wrong....
u mean the Tenacious D puppets? well theyre the greatest band in the world!!!!!!!!

Movies205

Reaction score
Hey I love Tenacious D, I haven't seen any of there videos though but I cna't comment on that...