More questions about Muppets/Disney and Kermit on DVD

Splurge

Reaction score
I probably will sound a more than a little dim on the subject, but here's what I'm confused about, as well as wondering the future of Sesame Street Kermit appearances.

I know that the Sesame Street Muppets aren't part of what's being accquired by Disney. But Kermit was a crossover character. And, as people have noted, when Kermit has recently appeared on Sesame Street (Ex. "Do De Rubber Duck" song), he was credited separately as being "Kermit the Frog" courstesy of Jim Henson productions.

I also know that there's going to be a release of Sesame Street DVD's, such as "Learning About Letters". In this one, there is a Kermit sketch where he leads viewers in drawing a letter in the air.

I guess my question is, if Sesame Workshop is going to be releasing Kermit skits on new DVD's, are they going to have to pay extra big bucks to Disney to do so? Or are the archives of existing Sesame Street skits starring Kermit property of Sesame Workshop and not Jim Henson Productions/Disney?

To sum it up, is there a distinction between Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street and Kermit the Frog anywhere else?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I would assume Sesame Workshop would own the rights to any (or, at least, most of) the clips shown on Sesame Street.

Besides, sometimes the Sesame Street Kermit and The Muppet Show Kermit act a bit differently from each other...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ohhhh i get it now

So would that be why the SS muppets dont do cameos for the muppets any more always wander about that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
They Edite Kermit

They Bleeped out Kermit on the SS specal today why what was he singnngin ahahahahaha i hate this all this is so confusing i want the old days where all the muppets where owned by Jim Henson and Family.

Splurge

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Besides, sometimes the Sesame Street Kermit and The Muppet Show Kermit act a bit differently from each other...
Actually, I've often thought that the Kermit from both Sesame Street and The Muppet Show were rather consistent with one another, but in both cases the older Kermit was far different than the newer.

The older one seemed more cranky and stern than the later one who, while still having a temper, seemed more laid back and happy. In my mind I contrast the Kermit in TMS Jim Nabors and Marty Feldman episodes. But that's just one monster's opinion.