More Questions

kypipebear

Reaction score
Well I looked and not sure where else or section my other questions would go, so I will continue in this group.

I know these question will probably will fall under the "operations" category but I am very curious to know.

For instance, does anyone think now that Disney owns the Muppets, that the Disney company can help improve the Muppets?

I wonder if the JHC Muppet website will change from www.muppets.com to muppets.go.com or something like that.

I really love seeing the Muppet Show on DVD. I wish that they released each season in a DVD set. Like a lot of the studios are doing of their tv series. I had e-mailed the Disney company one time to ask if they have ever considered releasing seasons of any tv series on DVD. But my impression, I got from the response, was no. They did not say that. But that was my impression. I think the Disney company is the only studio company that has not done that and I don't think they will. Unless people start writing in and/or e-mailing. I have found out that Disney is finally releasing Aladdin the movie on DVD but it will not be out till later this year. Way later. But my point is that we may not see a release of every season of the Muppet Show on DVD. Which brings me to my next paragraph.

I know that since JHC has their movies distributed through a couple of comanies and some other items, does Disney have to honor those contracts? If so, whatever deal or contract JHC made on the Muppet Show, maybe more DVD will come out. If so, I hope so. I know there are 15 Muppet Show DVDs out. I have 8 so far. The majority I bought off of eBay. But I guess I will have to go to Time Life to get the rest.

One more question I have is on Big Bird and Oscar. I have heard that the Muppeteer wrote a book. I also heard that he is no longer performing as those 2 characters. Is any of this true?

I have not been to this site in a very long while and happen to think of all these questions while watch some of my Muppet DVDs. And I wanted to ask while I had it on my mind.

Thanks to everyone who answers my questions.

Brian

muppet_dk

Reaction score
kypipebear said:
For instance, does anyone think now that Disney owns the Muppets, that the Disney company can help improve the Muppets?
Take a look in the thread about the final sale.

kypipebear said:
I know that since JHC has their movies distributed through a couple of comanies and some other items, does Disney have to honor those contracts? If so, whatever deal or contract JHC made on the Muppet Show, maybe more DVD will come out. If so, I hope so. I know there are 15 Muppet Show DVDs out. I have 8 so far. The majority I bought off of eBay. But I guess I will have to go to Time Life to get the rest.
Timelife has started to clear their stock of muppet DVD's.
Columbia/Tristar's contract runs out this year.
So Disney will not be bound on any contracts regarding any distrubution rights.

kypipebear said:
One more question I have is on Big Bird and Oscar. I have heard that the Muppeteer wrote a book. I also heard that he is no longer performing as those 2 characters. Is any of this true?
Caroll stil performes Big Bird and Oscar, but he has a understudy now. So that he can take over the roles when Caroll can't do the job anymore. The understudys name is Matt Vogel.
It's the same with Frank Oz characters. Eric Jacobson are doing much of his characters when Frank don't have the time.