Most Interesting Costume

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
I have to make a dino costume for my son to wear to kindergarten. It is supposed to reflect his favourite book for World Book Day. Seeing as though he's only four, his favourite book is 'Snappy Little Dinosaurs', a popup book! It got me to thinking...what's the most interesting or bizarre costume you have worn? It could be for fancy dress parties or for Halloween. I confess that I did the cliche 'pregnant nun' when I was in college. Silly, silly.:eek:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I went as a smurf last year. Painted myself blue, that I did. I'll try and post a pic of myself sometime.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I've done several good ones: Pippi Longstockings, James (from Pokemon), B'elonna Torres (from Voyager), among others. I'm excited about Halloween this year, as I think I'm going to stick with Voyager and do Janeway

I do remember being a cow for my kindergarten Christmas play. It was a pretty sweet outfit, if I recall correctly.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I think I'm going to go as a werewolf this year. I really like doing that kind of makeup.

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
I need to see the Smurf costume! Are you considering getting into media or theatre stuff? ...might be interesting especially if you really like the makeup effects area. The only other weird outfit that I had was I dressed up as Uma Thurman's character Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. I already had a sort of pageboy/bob haircut, so I temp dyed it black, put on a white shirt and black trousers, and taped a cow needlething with a big red circle around it on my chest. I ended up having black hair for a few months because it just wouldn't rinse out.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was a vampire dentist for a school play once

One day outta boredom I made this dragon-esk costume completly out of construction paper. Made a mask (I really couldnt see a thing, lol), made a tail, even managed to make construction paper gloves. I walked around with this crude costume on all day. Although, finnaly the mask ripped cause I guess it couldnt support the weight

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
bunsenhoneydew said:
I need to see the Smurf costume! Are you considering getting into media or theatre stuff? ...might be interesting especially if you really like the makeup effects area. The only other weird outfit that I had was I dressed up as Uma Thurman's character Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. I already had a sort of pageboy/bob haircut, so I temp dyed it black, put on a white shirt and black trousers, and taped a cow needlething with a big red circle around it on my chest. I ended up having black hair for a few months because it just wouldn't rinse out.
Cow needle thing! LOL!!!!! Very clever, bunsenhoneydew!!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Last year I went to a Halloween party as the 1950s version of Elvis:

Pink shirt, black peg-legged trousers, black-and-white shoes and a gold-colored jacket. I combed my hair into a high pompadour and walked around with my acoustic guitar slung over my shoulder.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Winslow Leach said:
Last year I went to a Halloween party as the 1950s version of Elvis:

Pink shirt, black peg-legged trousers, black-and-white shoes and a gold-colored jacket. I combed my hair into a high pompadour and walked around with my acoustic guitar slung over my shoulder.
Haha! That's awesome! (I'm the resident Elvis fanatic)