Most Interesting Costume

Beakerfan

Reaction score
bunsenhoneydew said:
I need to see the Smurf costume! Are you considering getting into media or theatre stuff? ...might be interesting especially if you really like the makeup effects area. The only other weird outfit that I had was I dressed up as Uma Thurman's character Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction. I already had a sort of pageboy/bob haircut, so I temp dyed it black, put on a white shirt and black trousers, and taped a cow needlething with a big red circle around it on my chest. I ended up having black hair for a few months because it just wouldn't rinse out.
Ok, here's the pic! Smurfette It's not the greatest, but the makeup took me a really long time. My arms would've been easier if I could've just dunked them in a bucket of paint (I've done that before, and it worked really well) but that kind of paint is bad for your skin.

I would love to get into special effects makeup. Or any kind of theatrical makeup. It's so much fun! You should have seen the pirate makeup I did for my sister and her friend. They looked like the real deal! Everyone told my sis she looked like a girl Jack Sparrow. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Haven't really worn to many costumes. But my aunt dressed me up as Oliver Twist one Halloween when I was real little. I think I have a picture around here somewhere.

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
Best...Smurfette..... Ever!

Beakerfan said:
Ok, here's the pic! Smurfette It's not the greatest, but the makeup took me a really long time. My arms would've been easier if I could've just dunked them in a bucket of paint (I've done that before, and it worked really well) but that kind of paint is bad for your skin.

I would love to get into special effects makeup. Or any kind of theatrical makeup. It's so much fun! You should have seen the pirate makeup I did for my sister and her friend. They looked like the real deal! Everyone told my sis she looked like a girl Jack Sparrow. :smile:
I absolutely LOVE it! I especially like the bouquet of flowers...very nifty. You did an excellent job..thank you so much for sharing that! It took me 5 hours to do the little dino costume for my boy. I got so frustrated with the pattern that at the 3 hour mark I just started some freehand cutting! His nursery took pictures of him, so when I get them, I'll post them up!:eek:

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I was Princess Peach one year (I just wanted people to laugh...), and the next year I went as 'The Great Pumpkin' (with some mysterious blue cloth hanging from the teeth), and then I dressed in black and brought along a puppet!

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm having my friends over and we're all dressing as each other! :smile:

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
oh dear...you've rumbled me....

Winslow Leach said:
Cow needle thing! LOL!!!!! Very clever, bunsenhoneydew!!
...(looks at floor)...yes, um....it wasn't so much a needlething as a plasticneedlething.....I borrowed it from my boyfriend at the time....I'm pretty sure it's the thing that helps nice cows become...mommy cows, although I could be wrong....(looks flustered...) I WAS YOUNG AND FOOLISH! ;O)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I was a frog princess, who came on stage as a frog, was kissed by Prince Charming, and transformed into a princess. The frog was a dark green corduroy cape with a face-piece attached. I used L'eggs clear eggs (the half-round shape) for the eyes, and used a Kermit-eye prototype shape, which I made out of felt. The cape came to the floor. My crown was made from an oatmeal box, and perched on the "frog" head. The best part of the whole thing, however, was the bright yellow roll-out noisemaker that I used for the tongue. I glued a butterfly to the end of it, so that it (sortof) looked like I stuck my tongue out and caught a butterfly.
The princess part was a lime-green (eye-hurting) satin skirt and vest (made along roughly Elizabethan lines), with a lime green chiffon blouse I made (which started life, I am pretty certain, as someone's curtain sheer). I wore green leather boots to complete the look.
Imagine my chagrin when almost NO ONE wanted pictures of the princess (me!) and practically EVERYONE wanted pictures of the frog (me covered up)! Oh well, always a frog, rarely a princess, or something like that.
I also did costumes entitled "Where do Tribbles Really Come From?" and "Things that go Bump in the Night." But those are stories for another day....

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
bunsenhoneydew said:
...(looks at floor)...yes, um....it wasn't so much a needlething as a plasticneedlething.....I borrowed it from my boyfriend at the time....I'm pretty sure it's the thing that helps nice cows become...mommy cows, although I could be wrong....(looks flustered...) I WAS YOUNG AND FOOLISH! ;O)
Ah! Gotcha!

dabauckham

Reaction score
Winslow Leach said:
Last year I went to a Halloween party as the 1950s version of Elvis:

Pink shirt, black peg-legged trousers, black-and-white shoes and a gold-colored jacket. I combed my hair into a high pompadour and walked around with my acoustic guitar slung over my shoulder.
On a similar note, I once shaved my beard, drew on longer sideburns, and wore a white Elvis jumpsuit, complete with studs. I have a pic, maybe I'll post it here later.

This past Halloween, I dressed up as a hawaii "aloha" boy. I had a "grass" skirt (it was actually made out of plastic and I bought it at a thrift store for a quarter), an aloha shirt, several lais (including one in my hair), and I walked around strumming a ukelele and singing! My friend actually told me, "You're looking very George Harrison today..." lol:zany:

bunsenhoneydew

Reaction score
missing costume item

dabauckham said:
This past Halloween, I dressed up as a hawaii "aloha" boy. I had a "grass" skirt (it was actually made out of plastic and I bought it at a thrift store for a quarter), an aloha shirt, several lais (including one in my hair), and I walked around strumming a ukelele and singing! My friend actually told me, "You're looking very George Harrison today..." lol:zany:
...and the coconuts?:eek: