Most/Least Fave Older Recurring Segments

CookieFan

Reaction score
Everyone complains about Elmo's World and Journey to Ernie segments in the new format. But there were some pretty bad (IMO) recurring segments in past seasons:

Sesame Street Goes to Day Care
Ernie's Show and Tell
Alphaquest

Anything else?

And of course some of my fave recurring segments:

Monsterpiece Theater
Kermit's News Flashes (esp. the fairy tale ones)
Any Guy Smiley game show

CookieFan

Reaction score
I forgot about those! I loved those. Wasn't there also one where Grover was a flight attendant and the blue guy goes "Oh no! Not YOU!"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
:cool:My fave recurring skits: Charilie's resteraunt, Super Grover, at home with Ernie and Bert, Game shows, Letter of the Day, and Noodles and Ned.

:eek: My least faves are Talk to some kids segments (the newer ones, not the one on one with muppet segments), This one where kids form letters while some tone deaf singers sing over a fakey, pointless keyboard musci score, Monster Clubhouse, and stop motion letter making segments

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Yeah. A lot of those were classic: Grover the Waiter, Kermit's News Flashes, Guy Smiley's games, etc. You don't see many of those on the show anymore, do you?

Hays

Reaction score
Least fave (if you consider it old) Ernie's Show and Tell. Also can't stand Alphaquest, and the computer number matching thingys.

Most fave this season are the Ernie and Bert tunes (which, incidentally, weren't around when I originally watched the show)

What's the Name of that Song
Adding Zydeco
Dance Myself to Sleep
I Don't Want To Live on the Moon w/Aaron Neville (why isn't THAT on video?!?)

Also liked the sand sculptures (Sing with animals, the little crab doing the Bossa Nova) and the computer animation that looked like Origami (Frere Jacques and another one) I assume those weren't made for this season.

SillyRed

Reaction score
That might be on the Sesame Street 25th anniversary video or DVD
While he sings it with Shawn Colvin on the Elmopalooza show.
ooooh Ernie and Shawn sitting in a tree...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hays
I Don't Want To Live on the Moon w/Aaron Neville (why isn't THAT on video?!?)
*sigh* I love "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon"... but I guess that's rather self-evident! :wink:
Erin