Movies you can't turn off

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Have you ever seen a movie that you feel apathetic about when you're not watching it, but can't bring yourself to turn it off when you are (and might even leave you wanting to watch it again)?

The Muppets has recently entered my list (still not sure if it's a compliment or an insult, though) and it got me to wondering if anyone else has movies that are like this for them. So I thought I'd pose the question about movies with that special something which makes them so un-turn-offable.

My List:

Aliens
Frankenstein (1931)
The Wizard of Oz
Return to Oz
The Muppets
Muppet Treasure Island
Splash
Short Circuit 2
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't quite understand where you're coming from... are you talking about movies that we don't necessarily care for (yet don't entirely hate)?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My first thought when I saw the title was like those train wrecks of B-Movies that are just so stupid and bad you can't stop watching. I'm confused with your list :s

Hayley B

Reaction score
Wizard of OZ
It's a Wonderful Life
Edward Scissorhands
The Green Mile
MTM
Nightmare Before Christmas

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Um...hmm. This is what I get for second guessing myself. :skeptical:

It might be B-movies and stuff like that. There's a range for what I'm talking about. They might be movies you've watched enough times that you think you don't want to watch them again, to movies you bought because you thought they looked good, but they weren't.

It can really be any film. The point is they can keep you transfixed/entertained the whole way through, even if you started them up going, 'Ehh, I don't really want to watch this'.

Hubert

Reaction score
Ah...so basically they're movies that you try to stay away from, but when you start watching them, you're hooked on them the whole way through?

Hayley B

Reaction score
oops! sorry. I love all those movies. Those are ones I can't and won't turn off. Haven't ran to a b-movie that I can't stop watching. If I don't like it. I don't watch it again.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
It's okay, I'm getting how confusing the concept is with the way I explained it in the first post.

I should really stop posting when I'm tired. :sleep:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah.

If that's the case, then I guess one movie that would fall into that category for me is Major Payne: I didn't really care for it when I first saw it, but then, every time I watched it afterwards, the more I found I did really enjoy it, though it's still not a movie I would watch all the time.

Dragnet (Dan Aykroyd) is another one of those movies... it's not that I don't like it, which I do, it's just there's not a lot of pleasant memories associated with it: I was battling my second bout of depression when I first saw it, so whenever I watch it, it's not entirely a pleasant viewing experience... it's a good movie though. Same with Young Frankenstein, but I only watched it in the first place because I heard it was Kathy Greenwood's favorite movie.