Mr. Hooper

beforemyway

Reaction score
He was the best human characture to ever walk in Sesame Street.

what is your favorit memory of him?

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i was always a big Bob fan but my fav moment had to be the christmas eps. where he gives Erine & bert back their trades

beforemyway

Reaction score
oooh, that's awesome :smile: I agree 100% with that, that was very pressious.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, that's about the only Mr. Hooper episode I remember. I wish I would have seen more eps with him in it.

SesameMike

Reaction score
My favorite memory of Mr. Hooper? As best as I can recall:

Big Bird goes up to the store window and notices an old, dented, metal cookie jar on the counter. BB asks Hooper why he keeps such a decrepit item around. Hooper responds that it reminds him of something special, and goes into a flashback mode.

With no audio other than Harold's narration, we see a younger Mr. Hooper (with red hair?) placing the new cookie jar on the window sill, right where it was then. The jar was white in this scene, whereas it was a dingy black in the "present" day. Suddenly we see a baseball fly in from the street and knock the cookie jar on to the floor. We then see a little African-American boy walk up to the window. Hooper narrated that this was the kid who hit the baseball "...and he said he was sorry. Well, I couldn't be mad at the cute little boy. I even gave him a cookie from the cookie jar." (Hooper opens can as boy takes a cookie.)

Returning to the present, Hooper continues, "So this old dented cookie jar reminds me of someone who was honest..." Suddenly, Hooper is startled as an errant baseball comes in the window and knocks the cookie jar off the counter. Then Gordon runs up and says something like "Uhh, Mr. Hooper? I'm sorry, but I think the home run I just hit accidentally knocked something off the shelf." Mr. Hooper retrieved the ball and the cookie tin, opened it up, and happily said "Gordon, would you like another cookie?", and Gordon took one.

P.S. The Gordon shown was the present-day Roscoe Orman -- and yes, the little boy pictured DID have hair on his head.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
beforemyway said:
He was the best human characture to ever walk in Sesame Street.

what is your favorit memory of him?
i see you're new here. at the bottom of thos page there are a list called similler forums wich has more of our memories of him.

Censored

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
My favorite memory of Mr. Hooper? As best as I can recall:

Big Bird goes up to the store window and notices an old, dented, metal cookie jar on the counter. BB asks Hooper why he keeps such a decrepit item around. Hooper responds that it reminds him of something special, and goes into a flashback mode.

With no audio other than Harold's narration, we see a younger Mr. Hooper (with red hair?) placing the new cookie jar on the window sill, right where it was then. The jar was white in this scene, whereas it was a dingy black in the "present" day. Suddenly we see a baseball fly in from the street and knock the cookie jar on to the floor. We then see a little African-American boy walk up to the window. Hooper narrated that this was the kid who hit the baseball "...and he said he was sorry. Well, I couldn't be mad at the cute little boy. I even gave him a cookie from the cookie jar." (Hooper opens can as boy takes a cookie.)

Returning to the present, Hooper continues, "So this old dented cookie jar reminds me of someone who was honest..." Suddenly, Hooper is startled as an errant baseball comes in the window and knocks the cookie jar off the counter. Then Gordon runs up and says something like "Uhh, Mr. Hooper? I'm sorry, but I think the home run I just hit accidentally knocked something off the shelf." Mr. Hooper retrieved the ball and the cookie tin, opened it up, and happily said "Gordon, would you like another cookie?", and Gordon took one.

P.S. The Gordon shown was the present-day Roscoe Orman -- and yes, the little boy pictured DID have hair on his head.

I remember that one. It's good to hear someone else who does as well. :smile: