Mr. Johnson always complains about Grover's service...

dwmckim

Reaction score
Now THAT'S just *SAD*! That night only it was the "Awful House".

...or maybe you went to the right house, but nobody was home! (Hey waffles have to go out SOMETIME right? Maybe to do some ironing?)

It's always possible that was a cover story and the waffles were on strike - i hear they've been cross a long time now...

Did you try to butter up the waiter? Maybe if you asked them to serve you some "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" you could have put them on some "I Can't Believe It's Not Waffles"

I would have peaked into the kitchen to see if it was just a case of some greedy person not wanting to l'eggo of their Eggo!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. It is weird. I wanted to get a shake at McDonald's yesterday. They had an ad for an arctic orange shake, but they were all out. Then they suggested I try an egg nog shake, but then they told me they were out of shakes in general. Sounds like a couple of Grover's working there. Hmmmmmm.

Anyway, I can see the instances where it's not Grover's fault, Grover did try to warn Mr. Johnson about ordering the big hamburger, but he wouldn't listen. Then there's the alphabet soup one, I mean who cares if it's missing a 'j' or a 'z' or whatever? Would that really effect the taste. I know that's an earlier one when Grover was the victim. He must have remembered that and in later sketches it seems like he was getting back at him.

Wiseman

Reaction score
Mr. Johnson vs. Grover

I did my own spin on grover's waiter sketches in my piece of fanfiction "The Meeting of The Storytellers." Notice how Grover shifts the blame to his customer for his mistakes and then how he gets the Storytellers' orders right.

The two continued until they came to Charlie’s Greek Restaurant in the lobby of the hotel Graea.

“Isn’t this where my cousin is staying?" said John

“That’s correct," said Sarah, “He will be meeting us for lunch. Would you mind getting us a table while I go over to the front desk and have the manager call his room.”

John went into the restaurant and found a table next to a short round-headed blue gentleman with beady eyes.

In a few minutes Sarah and Jacob came in.

“John," said Jacob.

“Jacob," said John.

“I see you still have the same dog, you left Germany with.” said Jacob

“So do you," said John as the two canines greeted each other similarly to the way the two storytellers did.

“I see you found a good table," said Sarah, “Are you ready to order?"
“Yes, are you?" said John.

“Yes," said Sarah, “I’ve been here before.”

“So am I," said Jacob, “While I was trapped in the labyrinth, all my meals came from here.”

“Then, let’s get us a waiter.” said Sarah.

The three relatives called for a waiter in unison and soon a cute hirsute blue waiter appeared.

“Welcome to Charlie’s Restaurant, I am Grover and I will be your waiter this afternoon," he said.

“And my name is Jacob Schmidt, and I will be your customer this afternoon.” said Jacob.

“Jacob Schmidt," said Grover, “so you are the one who was banished to the labyrinth in Crete by King Heimer Schmidt.”

“Yes, and this is my cousin John from America.” said Jacob.

“Yes, John the son of your uncle Jingle," said Grover.

“And I am --” Sarah began

“Wait, don’t tell me, Sarah, daughter of Olga, half-sister to Jacob, recently freed from the island of Lesbos” said Grover.

“Amazing," said the blue guy at the next table you can get all those names right, but you can never get my order right!"
“Maybe, it’s because you make them so complicated," said Grover.

“What’s so complicated about a spam sandwich," said Fat Blue Johnson.

“And that is what you have, a Spa’am sandwich.” said Grover.

“What I have is a live boar between two pieces of bread," said Fat Blue.

“I am the great pirate Spa’am," said the boar.

“No you are not, you are a boar.” said Fat Blue.

“No, it is you who are a boor," said the tusked pig.

“This whole thing is becoming a bore, I’m leaving," said Fat Blue, and got up from his seat.

“Well, that was odd," said Grover, he turned to the other table, “and what will you people be having?"

“I’ll have the stuffed grape leaves and the souvlaki.” said Sarah.

“And I’ll have the stuffed grape leaves and the Htapothi sti Skhara.” said Jacob.

“Aah, yes the grilled octopus," said Grover, translating.

“And I’ll have the stuffed grape leaves and the gyros," said John.

“Okay, so that’s three orders of grape leaves, one order of souvlaki, one order of grilled octopus and one order of gyros," said Grover.

“Correct," said the three diners.

“I will get them for you right away," said Grover. He went into the kitchen, “Hey Charlie, we got tris number mono’s a number duo, a number tris and a number tettara.”

A few minutes later Grover returned with the orders all filled correctly and the party of tris began to eat.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know, I couldn't help being a wisedonkey, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not to veer off subject, but that island is EXACTLY where the term comes from. And I'm not saying anymore on that.

Wiseman

Reaction score
okay bad muffin

I didn't plan on muffining this thread, but apparently that's what has happened. Yes the Island of Lesbos is a real island near Greece and yes it is where the term lesbian comes from since it is where the Greek poet Sapphos lived who was known for her erotic poetry which spoke of love between two women. In my fanfiction I do mention that fact albeit somewhat indirectly. Anyway the main point of this particular scene from my fanfiction which takes place in Greece itself not on the Island of Lesbos is that Grover has finally gotten somebody's order right. :super:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Now THAT'S just *SAD*! That night only it was the "Awful House".
That must've been it! As Bert once sang: "A fine word like 'waffle' would turn out just 'affle'!"

mikebennedict said:
Well would you be thankful if you were at a restaurant and the waiter keeps getting your oder wrong?
I know! The last three times I went out to eat, I wore Old Spice and the waiter thought it was Right Guard! Wocka wocka wocka!

But seriously...

I witnessed a "Waiter Grover" incident some years back. I felt bad for whoever it was, but, well, here's the story:

My family went out to eat at this local restaurant for Sunday brunch. My sister and I could see the doors to the kitchen, which were exactly like the ones at Charlie's. They had the holes and everything.

While we waited for our food, we saw another waitress take the order for the next table. Some guy there ordered the roast beef.

In a little while, behind the doors, someone yelled "Roast beef's ready!" with "Roast beef coming right up!" in reply. The guy at the next table said "All right!" like he had been looking forward to it all morning.

I'm not sure what happened exactly, but behind the doors, someone yelled "LOOK OUT!" Someone's head and a massive tray of food blurred past the holes in the doors. Then the doors parted slightly as an elbow poked out, zipped to the floor, followed by an enormous crash. Noodles, meat, some kind of gelatin and a spoon flew through the space above the elbow. After the smash, a single plastic glass fell and bounced across the kitchen floor with a koonk-koonk-koonkety-koonkety-koonk sound. It was just like in the cartoons when there's a crash, then the final, single sound effect of a spinning plate or something.

The elbow disappeared to be replaced by a hand, now slowly retrieving the glass.

A few moments later, the waitress, red in the face, walked slowly to the table next to us.

"Uh, sir...you'll have to wait a little longer for the roast beef." Remembering a Waiter Grover sketch I had seen once, something told me that guy's "numero cuatro was all over the floor-o."

Of course I've had many "Mr. Johnson" experiences at my local McDonald's. No matter what you order at that McD's, they always get something wrong. If the writers at Sesame Workshop need ideas for new Grover/Fat blue sketches, I know just where to send 'em! LOL!

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course I've had many "Mr. Johnson" experiences at my local McDonald's. No matter what you order at that McD's, they always get something wrong. If the writers at Sesame Workshop need ideas for new Grover/Fat blue sketches, I know just where to send 'em! LOL!
They say that if you go through a drive through, you should always order twice as much food as you'd normally order. They'll always forget something. I never actually drive through, since I don;t have a car... but it's just easier to be in the store so you can tell the staff if they get something wrong.