Mr. Mookie

madmarshal

Reaction score
Saw a clip from a muppet movie where a collie dog had a squeaky toy and was going mad with it.. had me in stitches...

can anyone tell me which movie it was?

Cheers

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. The character(s) I believe you're talking about are Artie Springer and his squeaky toy, Mr. Mookie. These are both characters from Dog City the TV Show, which aired on Fox in the 1990's. Talk to some of the tape traders here to see if they might have some episodes featuring the duo.
Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

madmarshal

Reaction score
cheers for the info.... but, I could have sworn it was a film. I didn't see the whole film, just about 10 mins before and a bit after this bit.

From what I saw I think Kermit's nephew has been taken from the swamp and put in a pet shop. Kermit and the dog (and possibly someone else too) were trying to rescue him. Someone, possibly Kermit ended up in the back of the pet shop's pickup and got the squeaky toy which he gave to the dog... which was when he went mad with the toy.

I think that's right anyway...

It would be great to know the name of the film so that maybe I can find a copy and see that bit again.

Cheers

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Now that I have some more information on what you're looking for, I know for sure what it is. You're talking about the TV movie Kermit's Swamp Years. The young frog you've got as Robin is actually a teenage version of Kermit, known as "Young Kermit". The dog is Pilgrim, a female dog Kerm met when out on the road leaving the swamp for the first time.
Talk to KermiClown, he has this in his Muppet video library. Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

madmarshal

Reaction score
OH Cool!

Thanks heaps! Will contact Kermiclown see if he can help.

MM :concern: