Mr.Snuffleupagus on Rachael Ray Show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I always felt like Marty really made both Telly and Snuffy his own; no, they weren't his characters from the start, but he really made them his own. He started out as an imitation of Brian: his early Telly has that kind of neurotic, yet timid and nervous voice and demeanor that Brian's Telly had; similarly, his Snuffy was originally an imitation of Jerry's in that he spoke in this slow, subdued, and depressed tone of voice. But when you at his Telly and Snuffy today, they both have a lot of more life and charisma - Telly is a lot more emotionally complex and it's easy for him to still be the worrywart that he was before, but he can lose it and fly off the handle when pushed too far; likewise, Snuffy has a more upbeat voice and playful nature; neither of these characters really resemble how they used to act and behave before Marty took them.

What I do wish, howver, is that arty got more of a chance to perform beyond SST again; the only non-SST credit I can remember in a Muppet/Henson production was the farmer from Bunny Picnic. David Rudman used to perform on both sides of the spectrum in the beginning, then by the mid 90s, he was pretty much performing for SST almost exclusively, but now he's performing with the Classic Muppets again since taking on Richard's characters.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I always felt like Marty really made both Telly and Snuffy his own; no, they weren't his characters from the start, but he really made them his own. He started out as an imitation of Brian: his early Telly has that kind of neurotic, yet timid and nervous voice and demeanor that Brian's Telly had; similarly, his Snuffy was originally an imitation of Jerry's in that he spoke in this slow, subdued, and depressed tone of voice. But when you at his Telly and Snuffy today, they both have a lot of more life and charisma - Telly is a lot more emotionally complex and it's easy for him to still be the worrywart that he was before, but he can lose it and fly off the handle when pushed too far; likewise, Snuffy has a more upbeat voice and playful nature; neither of these characters really resemble how they used to act and behave before Marty took them.

What I do wish, howver, is that arty got more of a chance to perform beyond SST again; the only non-SST credit I can remember in a Muppet/Henson production was the farmer from Bunny Picnic. David Rudman used to perform on both sides of the spectrum in the beginning, then by the mid 90s, he was pretty much performing for SST almost exclusively, but now he's performing with the Classic Muppets again since taking on Richard's characters.
I think Marty worked on Dog City for a while as well.