Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree on YouTube

Oscarfan

Reaction score

This was the first time I've seen this. It's alright, not much to brag about. I do like the songs though.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
OOO I've been looking for this for years.....awesome....one of my kids favorite books and I've never seen the special...thanks for posting

Hubert

Reaction score
I may as well park this question here, a question that has stumped me for the longest time? Is this "Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree" considered a Muppet or Henson special, or is it an outside special that Kermit and a mouse family appeared in?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I may as well park this question here, a question that has stumped me for the longest time? Is this "Mr. Willoby's Christmas Tree" considered a Muppet or Henson special, or is it an outside special that Kermit and a mouse family appeared in?
I know for a fact Disney owns this special for some reason. So it's a Muppet special.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Ooh, nice! :big_grin:
Never knew this existed before :embarrassed:

Hubert

Reaction score
Yeah, I gotta sit down and watch this sometime. It looks interesting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have MUP3's of the songs from this specail they could send? Please and thank you. :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I watched this on Monday, it's not the best special there is, but it's okay. Kevin Clash, Julianne Buesher (I don't know if that's the right way to spell her last name) and David Rudman as the mouse family are fantastic as always, but since that was the first time I saw it, I thought it was a little too fast-paced for me.

I liked the music and the story line. For me, it's an okay special.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here's a better copy. As the Frog Kissin' girls said, it's a bit weird. It would have been better if it was longer. Still, it's pretty good.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's a better copy. As the Frog Kissin' girls said, it's a bit weird. It would have been better if it was longer. Still, it's pretty good.
Thanks, that is a much clearer copy than I've seen!

I definitely agree it's too sort. I imagine if Jim had been able to be in charge of the production, it wouldn't have felt so rushed.

I've heard Robert Downey Jr's performance here described as "frighteningly manic" and I think that's pretty accurate, lol. You know what it is? The singing is most likely pre-recorded, and there RDJ does sound like he was trying to be genuine with the merriment, etc. But his demeanor on the screen is the complete opposite, it's all just a sarcastic romp, lol. It's just a bizarre combination that somehow works. Honestly I kinda appreciate it because the rest of the special is a little too cutesy and cloying for my taste. Nevertheless, I always recommend it to my Muppet fan friends. And it's also fun for freaking out Iron Man fans! :wink: