Mrs. Muppeteer?

Luke

Reaction score
You can just imagine the rush at the Jim Henson Company to apply for restraining orders about now can't you ?

:rolleyes:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Luke....You make it sound as though we intend to do this WITHOUT the Muppeteers' permission!!! (Sssssh....Quiet, you in Bill's pantry!!!) :wink:
But seriously though I think we're talking now a/b doing such a thing for an ARTICLE...Interviewing the Muppeteers & following them around all day.....I'D actually like to see what a day of work is like @ the JHC headquarters in New York!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Mock-up...

Originally posted by Luke
You can just imagine the rush at the Jim Henson Company to apply for restraining orders about now can't you?
Muppets Stop Puppeting
Hollywood, CA--Rooters
"Cameras stopped rolling today during the filming of the next Muppet Movie as all the main Muppet Performers dashed right away for the Hollywood Court House to file restraining orders against certain members of fan site Muppet Central.

Two performers, Clash and Nelson were mostly okay with the idea, until the words "stalker" and "clippings of hair" came into play.

"I don't want just anybody tickling my Elmo," said Kevin.

Jerry was putting a pillow case over his beard to protect it. "Mmf, mmm mmfffmmm mfff fffmm." Apparently, the pillowcase was being held in place by his teeth.

"When I heard that I was being shadowed by Sarah, Emmy, and Jackie without my knowledge, I had to do something," said Mr. Baretta, who recently hired Mr. T as his security.

Mr. T added, "I pity the fool that messes with me, or Bill, or...ooh! Look! Muffins."

Shortly after the diversion was in place, panic rose from Steve and Dave, one who donned a biker's helmet and the other who has goggles on so they can protect their hair and glasses, when Bill came up missing.

Brian, performer of Sal the monkey, added, "but, nobody ever wants to follow me, stalk me or steal clippings of MY hair."

He filed a restraining order anyways just to fit in."

Beauregard

Reaction score
LOL, that is seriously, LOL

So who is going to organise this then? Three muppet fans, follow the Muppeteers around for the morning and write an article about life as a Muppeteer inm the afternoon they can interveiw the Muppeteers and visit the offices then in the evening they can relax in the hot tub... The next day they write their articles and they get published accross they globe.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Kevin that was a HOOT!!!! More of a hoot then an owl!!!!

Zack)Rowlf the, and owl's are very hooty!Dog.

Luke

Reaction score
**** - fantastic Kev - almost prophetic ! :embarrassed:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I dunno about actually 'trailing' them.

I have an idea though, and will carry this out (or try to):

What questions do you think would be good to ask the performers and their spouses? Remember, it's good to be personable but respect their privacy. Try to be realistic in your questions, and shoot for as many REAL and GOOD questions as you can.

A Day In The Life of a Muppeteer

PERFORMER:
1. What do you think about when you wake up first thing in the morning? What about when you're filming something for the Muppets?

2. Do you eat breakfast or skip it? If you eat it, what's your favorite food?

3. Do you watch the news or read the newspaper? Are you an avid comics reader by any chance? What would you think of the Muppets as cartoons, as they were once when Gilchrist did them?

4. If you HAD to do another job, what would it be?

5. When you first get to work, on a day of working with the Muppets, what all goes on?

6. Are there any certain 'demands' you have as a performer? What about when guesting on certain shows?

7. Is there anything special you do to get into character before a performance, or do you just slide on the puppet and it comes naturally? What about during the first years of your perfomance?

8. Does your arm hurt, or is your performance arm stronger than the other?

9. Do you ever get fussed at for your head getting into the shot?

10. What is your most embarassing performance moment?

11. What is your favorite part of your job?

12. Which character that you do not perform is your favorite and why?

13. Any characters that you used to perform that you no longer perform that you miss?

14. What are your thoughts at the end of the day's production?

15. When you're driving home, what do you think about?

16. Describe the end of the day for yourself.

17. Do you have nightmares, and what are they about?

18. Are you currently purchasing the Palisades action figures? How do you feel the likeness matches your own characters that you perform?

19. When performing The Muppet Show Live! What were your thoughts before, during, and after the show, and were you as proud of it as we, who saw it, were? Would you like to do that again?

20. What would be the performance you'd like to do next with the Muppets (if you were in total control, the story, etc.)?

SPOUSE
1. What do you think about when you wake up first thing in the morning?

2. Do you tell folks, "My spouse is a Muppeteer!" I mean, I'd have to brag about it.

3. What's your favorite character that your spouse performs?

4. Is your spouse anything like one of their characters' personality? Which one and why?

5. Do you ever get to play with the puppets?

6. When you visit the set, what do you think when you see the Muppets performing in person?

7. I once saw Mickey Mouse remove his head, and there was a blonde woman inside, and that ruined things for me some. Does knowing the performer and watching the performance ruin the magic (of puppetry) for you at all?

8. What kind of work do you do?

9. What is life at home with a Muppeteer like?

10. How would you describe a day when your spouse isn't working?

11. What pass-time do you two like to do (gardening, movies,art)?

12. If your spouse was anything but a Muppet performer, what would you like that job to be?

13. What is an embarassing moment you might have encountered as a spouse of a Muppeteer?

14. Funniest moment?

15. Have you ever done a cameo shot in a Muppet production, and if so what and where?

16. Did you ever know Jim Henson, and what are your thoughts about the man?

17. What is your spouse's favorite food?

18. Does anybody in either family make fun of the 'doll wiggler?' If so, what do they say.

19. Does your spouse keep a stack of fan mail/art, or just certain items?

20. Does your spouse ever sneak home with characters for private puppet shows?
From all questions posted, I plan to pick the best of the cream of the crop to do a questionnaire form and send it to the performers to see what, if anything, happens.

:embarrassed:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that mock up was too funny....especially the biker dress up part....

Sarah