MTM and MFS might come to blu-ray

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Acording to Tough Pigs The Muppets Take Manhattan and Muppets From Space might be getting a blu-ray release this year. It was pointed out on Tough Pigs that the source for the announcement mentioned some actor who wasn't associated with either film, which makes the news a bit suspicious. But if it's true, then I guess the first Muppet blu-ray releases will be the Sony films.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Boy, Sony's milkin' those movies for all their worth. I doubt they'll add anything new to them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That would be the only reason I would buy them, Add something to them please Sony!

muppetsliveon

Reaction score
If it is or were true I wouldn't be getting them any time soon because a bluray player or ps3 are too expensive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bigger news would be the Disney owned films coming to Cordonblu-Ray to tie into the new movie. Maybe re-releasing the other films with MORE features and a free ticket (like every single movie that gets a sequel released by every other studio).

I don't have the player, the television it would actually make a difference on, or really the desire to grab one of them up... BUT this is great news (if it is indeed true) and we're all eagerly waiting to see if Diz picks up the hint.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hopefully the new sets will have deleted scenes, assuming they still exist. I would hope that all deleted scenes from Muppets From Space would still exist, as that movie came out when DVDs began and DVDs had already included deleted scenes (in fact I think deleted scenes were announced for inclusion for MFS, though absent). Then again, considering the deleted scenes on the new DVD release of It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie still had the "Inside Pepe's Studio" logo yet that feature was absent, I'm thinking the only copy of deleted scenes from that movie are on the first DVD (and that was made after MFS).

I wonder if Sony owns the rights to the I'm Gonna Always Love You music video. It'd be great if that would be included.

Stulz

Reaction score
Digitalbits has it confirmed from Sony:
"Here's something that will make you smile: Sony has officially confirmed the Blu-ray/DVD Combo release of Muppets From Space and The Muppets Take Manhattan on 8/16 (SRP $19.99 each). "
http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Full info on the Blu-rays:

Both films will be "Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Packs"

MFS:
BD Features
•Outtakes
•I Hate Rats!
•Music Video: "Shining Star" by The Dust Brothers Featuring Jeymes

BD Details
•Genre: Family
•Studio: Columbia Pictures
•CC: English (US)
•Sub: Chinese (Mandarin Simplified), Chinese (Mandarin Traditional), Danish, English (UK), English (US), Finnish, French (Parisian), German, Greek, Hindi, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Castilian), Spanish (Latin Am), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
•Color/B&W: Color

MTM:
BD Features
•Muppetisims: Fozzie Bear (TM)
•Muppetisms: Miss Piggy & Kermit the Frog (TM)
•Muppetisms: Pepe
•Jim Henson Interview

BD Details
•Genre: Family
•Studio: TriStar Pictures
•CC: English (US)
•Sub: Chinese (Mandarin Simplified), Chinese (Mandarin Traditional), Danish, English (UK), English (US), Finnish, French (Parisian), German, Greek, Hindi, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Castilian), Spanish (Latin Am), Swedish, Thai, Turkish
•Color/B&W: Color

info: http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/