MTR Screenings-Celebrating 50 Years

Squigiman

Reaction score
I went to this, today, and it was pretty fun. Unfortunately, got called in to work, so I couldn't stay as long as I'd hoped, but did get to meet Cheryl, as well as make a little paper-bag puppet and attend the puppeteering demonstration with Tyler Bunch of Treelo fame. That was really cool, not to mention the walk-around Gobo Fraggle. Too bad I forgot to bring my camera. Anyways, not going to go into any detail, right now, but it was nice to see another Henson-based event, keeping the old material alive, as well as promoting the new.

-Squigiman

rlopez2682

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I attend this event in New York, and I thought it was something very special. Although the event mostly revolved around Fraggle Rock, it was great none the less. I got to meet Cheryl and Jane Henson during the day, they also signed my book. The puppet demonstration was very interesting and reminded of the Muppets on Puppets special. Upstairs in the museum, I viewed older Muppet expos the museum hosted throughout the years and it was just breathtaking all of the footage that I saw for the first time, (Sam and Friends, commericals for Southern bread and others). I hope very soon that their will be more of these fantastic showings!!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was there as well. Cheryl and Jane were both very warm and friendly and I attended the screening of Down In Fraggle Rock: Behind the Scenes and the puppeteer demonstration by Tyler Bunch was LOTS of fun. He's a very funny guy and very nice as well. Met him briefly after the demo and very gracious.

Squigiman

Reaction score
I didn't realize that Jane was there, as well. I've already met her twice, though. I'd forgotten that they had stuff from older exhibits on file. I'd gone there in 2003, when I first met Jane and Jerry Nelson and Bonnie Erickson. Anyways, I was just reading the Hollywood Reporter they were giving out, and thought I'd let everyone know about it, how they have some pretty cool articles about the present, past, and future of the Henson company, as well as many cool ads congratulating the company, from its various partners and supporters.

There's a really cool manga Jareth with a crystal ball in Tokyopop's ad, obviously taken from their upcoming Labyrinth Manga. I can't wait for that and the sequel or prequel they're doing, being the huge Labyrinth nut I am. They also have a little synopsis of various future projects, including the Fraggle Rock film, a new kids' show called Frances, about a badger, which I missed the screening of, Power Of The Dark Crystal, the 2007 sequel to the classic Henson fantasy film, and a neat sounding "reverse Superman" movie, where a family of humans sends their son off, in fear of their dying planet, to arrive at a planet of superhumans. It's called "Only Human", I think. All of it got me psyched, and looking forward to the future direction of the company and all of its partnerships.

-Squigiman

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I met Jane at the last Henson event at MTR too. She's very sweet and seems a little shy about all the attention. :smile: But glad to see her again and finally get her autograph this time.