Much Easier Way To Watch Muppets.com

beaker

Reaction score
I'm surprised I never figured this one out before...but for those of you who don't like the lag slow time of Muppets.com nor the inability to pause or easily navigate the videos...nor able to find all the hidden videos; here is a MUCH better way to view the videos:

http://disney.go.com/characters/?channel=153960#/videos/more/&content=140964

It has all the sketches plus the hidden "easter egg" bits.

Unfortunately, real downloader only seems to capture the random commercials and not the selected video. Although, on muppets.com you are able to record all of the 15 "red button" skits(including big mean carl shaking a cow, random penguins, etc)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Going directly to that link doesn't accomplish what i think you're trying to lead people to.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I know i went to the link and I could not find anything Muppet relateted. :sleep:

beaker

Reaction score
I know i went to the link and I could not find anything Muppet relateted. :sleep:
For real? Weird. Beaker and Bunsen pop up for me on that link, with all the muppets.com videos.

Well this is the main page, with character bios and so forth:
http://disney.go.com/characters/?channel=153960

I prefer this way to navigate the muppets.com videos, as you can pause them, its way less slow/glitchy and easier to find all the clips.

dwmckim

Reaction score
That works better though i'm still not seeing where it's a super-fab alternative - still pretty horribly slow and glitchy to me and i'm not seeing where it has any of the site's Easter eggs (like the Newsflashes and red button stuff etc.) It is convenient for viewing all the videos that are up on the video players in all the "rooms" in one place but that's the only benefit i'm seeing. Muppets.com still seems better because of things like the opening screens, ability to check out newsflashes, red buttons etc.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That works better though i'm still not seeing where it's a super-fab alternative - still pretty horribly slow and glitchy to me and i'm not seeing where it has any of the site's Easter eggs (like the Newsflashes and red button stuff etc.) It is convenient for viewing all the videos that are up on the video players in all the "rooms" in one place but that's the only benefit i'm seeing. Muppets.com still seems better because of things like the opening screens, ability to check out newsflashes, red buttons etc.
Ditto. The thing about Flash pages is the designer must not have too many simultaneous happenings on one page. This is an area where professionals fall as short as Flash amateurs. Corny as it sounds - it's another case of a "Flash over substance" issue. :wink: A little bit of Flash usage goes a long way. Too much or poor construction of it can turn users off. I love Flash and work in it often, but I just want to see these Muppet clips without all the Flashcrap attached.

I give the Muppets.com construction a failing grade, its style a solid C and its content an A++. And please – designers out there – remember to warn users about loud sounds before entering your site and have a way for them to toggle it before surfing. Nobody wants a website yelling at them at an uncontrollably loud volume – especially at work!

Disney Interactive should just make a B site option that contains the clips and only the clips without all the amateurish glitches that happen on half the computers I have used.

beaker

Reaction score
Ditto. The thing about Flash pages is the designer must not have too many simultaneous happenings on one page. This is an area where professionals fall as short as Flash amateurs. Corny as it sounds - it's another case of a "Flash over substance" issue. :wink: A little bit of Flash usage goes a long way. Too much or poor construction of it can turn users off. I love Flash and work in it often, but I just want to see these Muppet clips without all the Flashcrap attached.

I give the Muppets.com construction a failing grade, its style a solid C and its content an A++. And please – designers out there – remember to warn users about loud sounds before entering your site and have a way for them to toggle it before surfing. Nobody wants a website yelling at them at an uncontrollably loud volume – especially at work!

Disney Interactive should just make a B site option that contains the clips and only the clips without all the amateurish glitches that happen on half the computers I have used.
They should definitely look into optimizing/fixing the site more.

But I agree on the "A++" content, I was actually surprised how consistently amazing all the sketches have been this whole time.

Aw ok, I think you're right...I can't the dozen or so "Newsman" skits hidden around the muppets.com site nor some of the other content.

However for some reason these load faster/seem less glitchy on my browser.

I found you can download all the red button skits with real player, and the rizzo intro so thats cool. I just wish muppets.com wasnt such a snarling headache with a lot of its functionality.