Mudwell's Death Procedure

superboober

Reaction score
Just before he goes, Mudwell says to Wembley that "the mud is ready, and it is time," yet moments later he simply lies down and expires without touching the mud, so then, one must wonder, what was the purpose of cooking up the mud in the first place?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well, why do we have flowers when we die? It's not like they really do anything ether..anyway, I think it was just like a spell sort of and the new baby couldn't be born without being near a certain type of mud :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
superboober said:
Just before he goes, Mudwell says to Wembley that "the mud is ready, and it is time," yet moments later he simply lies down and expires without touching the mud, so then, one must wonder, what was the purpose of cooking up the mud in the first place?
But remember that when Wembley returns, Mudwell is caked in mud, which the Lizard then breaks out of. Somehow, the mud covered him and created a cocoon.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I thought that he just turned into mud and that somehow he was made of it the whole time *lol* :3

RedPiggy

Reaction score
That might work too, since his life is never really explained.

Frogster

Reaction score
I guess I'd like to think of it as, when Wembley leaves after finding out Mudwell is gone, the mud somehow surfaces and cakes him, while at the same time, the land around him becomes dry and barren. After being in the mud, his body disintegrates inside to the form of what we see when Wembley comes back with flowers. Remember, the mud was boiling beside him before his death, and when mud gets to a warmer temperature, it turns to dirt.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
I guess I'd like to think of it as, when Wembley leaves after finding out Mudwell is gone, the mud somehow surfaces and cakes him, while at the same time, the land around him becomes dry and barren. After being in the mud, his body disintegrates inside to the form of what we see when Wembley comes back with flowers. Remember, the mud was boiling beside him before his death, and when mud gets to a warmer temperature, it turns to dirt.

That's pretty much what I figured too. Kinda goes along with the overall magical nature of the rock.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm honestly still working up the nerve to watch this episode. ::sniff:: :cry:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Knowing briefly what happened from ep summaries, I knew what the main plot was. It didn't make me cry like Mr. Hooper's death. I dunno why. First of all, he's not someone we are attached to. Second, death has been a real threat since the very beginning. Some Fraggle is always at risk of getting smashed, thumped, etc. So, it's not like the concept was that hard to grasp for them. Third, coming back (even in different form) kinda destroys the drama of a permanent death. At least, it seems that way to me. It's kind of like DBZ -- after dying at least once a saga, you realize death in that universe just isn't a big deal. That's not to say it wasn't a good episode. It's done very well for what it is. They made a good choice in picking Wembley as the friend, since he's the most innocent of the five. I mean, if it had been someone like Boober, he'd have just sung a dirge and moved on. Red and Mokey may have made a memorial in their own ways. Gobo may have quietly reminisced every once in awhile. However, my own personal opinion is that doing a "death story" in a world where it is a high risk all the time cuts down on the impact.