Muppet a celebration of 30 years

Muppets Forever

Reaction score
:smile: Hello I'm new here so I'm sorry if this has been asked before, so please forgive me. I have two questions.
1. Could the TV Special The Muppets: a celebration of 30 years ever be released on DVD? I ask this because the muppets, fraggles, and sesame characters appear on this. Even some old henson commercials and projects appear on this special if I remember correctly.

2. If this can't or likely wont be released on DVD, I have this special that my mother so kindly taped for me of the TV when this aired. This is one of my favorite muppet specials and I feel every Henson fan should see this. I'd be willing to make copies onto DVD for free (well maybe except for shipping if it's to expensive) for anyone who wants this for their own. I understand not everyone has things to trade and I believe in keeping the magic of the muppets, Jim Henson, and the original puppeteers alive.

I'm sorry if I did anything wrong or upset or offended anyone. I did not mean to at all. If I did do anything wrong could a mod please delete this post.

David French

Reaction score
You've done absolutely nothing wrong at all; welcome to the boards. It would be nice to see this special on DVD, but I can't see it happening anytime soon mainly due to its "obscurity". From memory this special has been shown only three times in NZ, and the last was approx. 10 years ago. If it was to be released, I would suspect that it would be put in a set with other Muppet specials. Even then, you might have a fun time trying to clear the clips from all the non-Henson Company productions (Ed Sullivan Show, Jimmy Dean Show, Cher Show etc).

That's not to say that it can't happen, but that it just might be a while before it did.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
a few years ago I bought a picture off of ebay that had jim and a lot of other muppets around him.:wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
David French said:
You've done absolutely nothing wrong at all; welcome to the boards. It would be nice to see this special on DVD, but I can't see it happening anytime soon mainly due to its "obscurity". From memory this special has been shown only three times in NZ, and the last was approx. 10 years ago.
In America, it was shown on Nickelodeon many times in 1994 and 1995, and I think it was also broadcast on The Oddessey Channel.