Muppet American Idol: Search for Muppeteers

anniegirl

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if they did an american Idol type search for muppetteers? If they did I know I would try out.:search:

chrisfason

Reaction score
that could be cool, done sort of as an improv contest...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cool if they did an american Idol type search for muppetteers? If they did I know I would try out.:search:
Who'd be the judges? Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo? Or Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, and Pepe, etc? (aka the usuals) Too boring in my opinion. Need to get other characters involved.

Personally if a show like that happened, there needs to be a bunch of characters. Yes have Kermit, but have Sam the Eagle who asks non muppet related questions like "are you a true American" and "what do you think about the state of the economy", etc as a gag, but doesn't relate about being a mupper performer.

Then you can have some others like maybe Zoot who keeps on falling asleep and Kermit has to wake him up so Zoot can see every audition or has a confused face (like he always does) on what's going on. Maybe have Scooter as a "Ryan Seacrest" type guy where he hosts the show and talks to the hopeful muppeteers and so on.

Maybe as a one time gag have Piggy think she's trying out for the real American Idol and thinks she's going to audition but finds out when she gets in the room with Kermit and the other judges that she's auditioning for a slot as a muppet performer, etc.

I can see something zany and funny like this happening if done right.

chrisfason

Reaction score
Who'd be the judges? Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, and Gonzo? Or Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, and Pepe, etc? (aka the usuals) Too boring in my opinion. Need to get other characters involved.

Personally if a show like that happened, there needs to be a bunch of characters. Yes have Kermit, but have Sam the Eagle who asks non muppet related questions like "are you a true American" and "what do you think about the state of the economy", etc as a gag, but doesn't relate about being a mupper performer.

Then you can have some others like maybe Zoot who keeps on falling asleep and Kermit has to wake him up so Zoot can see every audition or has a confused face (like he always does) on what's going on. Maybe have Scooter as a "Ryan Seacrest" type guy where he hosts the show and talks to the hopeful muppeteers and so on.

Maybe as a one time gag have Piggy think she's trying out for the real American Idol and thinks she's going to audition but finds out when she gets in the room with Kermit and the other judges that she's auditioning for a slot as a muppet performer, etc.

I can see something zany and funny like this happening if done right.
oh, i was thinking more along the lines of an actual puppetry competition rather than a scripted spoof of american idol. that could also be very cool. heck, if disney would just attempt to do something for prime time with the muppets a la "the muppet show", i'd be happy.

animal0606

Reaction score
Next week on Muppet idol judge's Statler & waldorf & Janice Judge Animals rendition of I am every woman

WHATEVER WANT ..FOOD ARGGGGHG!
WHATEVER NEED..HI JANICE!
ANYTHING WANT DONE BAAA-BY!
ME DO!
ME LOVE EVERY WO-MAN!
ALL MINE
ALL MINE

EVERY WO-MAN !
ALL MINE!
ANYTHING WANT DONE BAAABY!
ME DO !

EVERY WO-MA ALL MINE!

EVERY WO-MAN!

GOT IT!
GOT IT!
GOT IT! GOT IT! GOT IT !
BABY! BAABY! BAAAAAABY!

EVERY WO-MAN!
EVERY WO-MAN ARGHGHGHG

*Waldorf*- Who sings that song Animal
*Animal*- "Looks at Camera eyes wide open" WHITNEY!
*Waldorf* - Let's keep it that way
*Statler*- Listening to you makes me want to eat barbwire
*Janice*- appearing to sway in her chair and slur her speech America loves you,You own the stage,You're authentic,You made it your own!You're unique! It wasn't your best performance Floyd .
*Animal* - "looks to Camera again eyes widen this time confused" ME ANIMAL!

Gemini Draco

Reaction score
I think that if it was going to be a spoof, you would have to have Floyd there as well as Dr. Teeth. In fact, why not just have all of the Electric Mayhem musicians as the judges. They know music. Not that I know anything about American Idol. But I think that Floyd would be the most useful judge, cracking jokes but also having useful advice. Dr. Teeth... hmmm... not sure, he always seemed to me nicer then Floyd when it came the criticism. Or maybe that is just me. I mean, you look at it, I maybe be Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, but over all, Floyd is the real leader, he does more talking. Janice, she would be a nice judge. I like the idea of Zoot constantly falling asleep or just very confused as to what he was doing there. It would be funny if they just stop waking him up. It would be funny if he got bored and in the middle of an audition or something he just starts playing his saxophone. Animal would be attached to the table and would just scream out random things.

But that is just me and my idea. I mean, of course, one would think of having Kermit as one of the judges and if it is not all of the Electric Mayhem, at least Floyd and Dr. Teeth.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Next week on Muppet idol judge's Statler & waldorf & Janice Judge Animals rendition of I am every woman

WHATEVER WANT ..FOOD ARGGGGHG!
WHATEVER NEED..HI JANICE!
ANYTHING WANT DONE BAAA-BY!
ME DO!
ME LOVE EVERY WO-MAN!
ALL MINE
ALL MINE

EVERY WO-MAN !
ALL MINE!
ANYTHING WANT DONE BAAABY!
ME DO !

EVERY WO-MA ALL MINE!

EVERY WO-MAN!

GOT IT!
GOT IT!
GOT IT! GOT IT! GOT IT !
BABY! BAABY! BAAAAAABY!

EVERY WO-MAN!
EVERY WO-MAN ARGHGHGHG

*Waldorf*- Who sings that song Animal
*Animal*- "Looks at Camera eyes wide open" WHITNEY!
*Waldorf* - Let's keep it that way
*Statler*- Listening to you makes me want to eat barbwire
*Janice*- appearing to sway in her chair and slur her speech America loves you,You own the stage,You're authentic,You made it your own!You're unique! It wasn't your best performance Floyd .
*Animal* - "looks to Camera again eyes widen this time confused" ME ANIMAL!
That's too funny! :big_grin:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I think that if it was going to be a spoof, you would have to have Floyd there as well as Dr. Teeth. In fact, why not just have all of the Electric Mayhem musicians as the judges.
What is Lips going to do? He is part of the band, isn't he?....