Muppet AMVs

Kamit

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the absolutely hilarious anime music video Happiness Dojo ?

It's a rehash (complete with some wonderful lip syncs) of Happiness Hotel (obviously) but using the cast of the anime Ranma 1/2.

It is by far the best Muppet AMV I have yet seen (and I'm an AMV junkie)

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I've seen this before! It's awesome!

Heh, I was thinking about posting that AMV. :smile:

Kamit

Reaction score
I've also seen a Neon Genesis Evangelion vid to one of Statler and Waldorf's heckles (the one where one starts out hating the performance and the other starts out liking it and by the end they've switched opinions).

The Ranma one is still my favorite though. Although poor Fozzie - they gave Ranma's dad Genma all his lines (I don't really like Genma)

I suppose it makes sense though - Fozzie is a bear, Genma turns into a panda bear......

rexcrk

Reaction score
Uuuhhh, excuse my ignorance, but what's an "AMV"?

Kamit

Reaction score
An AMV is an Anime Music Video. It's a rather popular past time among many anime (Japanese animation) fans.

Basically you take a song and make a music video for it using clips from an anime (sometimes multiple anime). There's also a sub-genre to this where people re-do trailers from popular movies using footage from anime.

Like most fan-made things they run the gamit from videos that really stink to some absolutely amazing ones.

So far I've only found a handful of Muppet AMVs - Happiness Dojo is definitely the best I've seen so far.

Reaction score
Wow, I wasn't expecting to find a thread like this on the board. Thanks so much for the kind words, guys. I'm so glad people are still enjoying my video. :smile:

Kamit

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting to find a thread like this on the board.
:smirk: Just like I wasn't expecting to find the creator of said AMV on the board.

Like I said - Great job! I've even shown this vid to non-otaku (and non-Muppet fans) and they loved it.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Kamit said:
An AMV is an Anime Music Video. It's a rather popular past time among many anime (Japanese animation) fans.

Basically you take a song and make a music video for it using clips from an anime (sometimes multiple anime). There's also a sub-genre to this where people re-do trailers from popular movies using footage from anime.

Like most fan-made things they run the gamit from videos that really stink to some absolutely amazing ones.

So far I've only found a handful of Muppet AMVs - Happiness Dojo is definitely the best I've seen so far.
THANKS! :big_grin: *thumbs up* :stick_out_tongue: