Muppet Babies Background

christyb

Reaction score
You're right if you take the MB as muppet history then it does change the whole muppet story. However, I think you can't take it as that. I treat it as a separate storyline. I am a big fan of the MB but either way you can't treat it as fact or you get very confused.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i Love the Muppet Babie even more then "the show" Maybe cuse it was on for a longer time and well i was older

McFraggle

Reaction score
christyb said:
You're right if you take the MB as muppet history then it does change the whole muppet story. However, I think you can't take it as that. I treat it as a separate storyline. I am a big fan of the MB but either way you can't treat it as fact or you get very confused.
I agree. :smile:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
I saw The Muppet Babies before I saw The Muppets Take Manhattan. I used to think that the Muppet Babies were in fact offspring of the adult counterparts on The Muppet Show, and that the parents were too busy to look after them, so they had left them in the care of Nanny. Then I saw The Muppets Take Manhattan, and realized that The Muppet Babies is sort of a "What if" thing.
I think of The Muppet Movie as the defenitive story of how the Muppet troupe got together, even though Kermit tells Robin that it's only "Sort of how we got started."

Xerus

Reaction score
I also like to think that the Muppets made a deal with an animation studio to create the Muppet Babies and get voice artists to do the voices since the Muppets are too busy doing movies and specials.

It's kind of like how there are cartoons about certain rock stars and celebrities, but sometimes they're way too busy to voice their own characters. Like The Beatles, Hulk Hogan's Rock N' Wrestling, and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Or The Simpsons. they often have celebs and are cartoon.