Muppet Babies memories

dinoboy

Reaction score
I remember this cartoon series well. I saw on Saturday Mornings on CBS Ch 2.
It was fun to see the classic muppet characters as babies, but don't expect me to change their diapers. I remember when they first showed them as a dream fantasy as Kermit and Miss Piggy imagined what they were like as babies. It was from the movie The Muppets Take Manhatten. Personally I'm not sure if Manhatten was ready for them. Anyway If I remember, the muppeteers complained that the babies were way too shorty and stubby and very hard to controll. The animated version seemed better. But you never saw Nanny's head, so you never knew what she looked like. My favorite episode was The Great Muppet Cartoon Show, where the babies discover and learn about animation, then they show clips of Gertie the Trained Dinosuaur, Will Vinton's Clay animation films. It was cute to see kermit dress up as Popeye, Skeeter dressed up as Olive Oyle, and then Piggy pops out of a can of spinach dressed up as Betty Boop angry and jealous that Skeeter will steal Piggy's love for Kermit.
Then as for fun, Baby Bunson Honeydew and Beeker come over for a sleepover, but Skeeter is afraid of the dark, so the babies try to assist Beeker in overcoming his fear of the dark. Beeker's fear was that he saw a monster on tv that scared him, and he's afraid that the monster will get him in the dark. Oh and one more thing, after the closing credits, you see some type of skit and then you hear baby animal say "Goooooo Bye Bye." My favorite was when you saw baby animal on the moon in the night sky and you heard the transporter sound from Star Trek in he background. For some reason I love that sound, but they never really played that go bye bye skit much.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
dinoboy said:
I remember this cartoon series well. I saw on Saturday Mornings on CBS Ch 2.
...My favorite episode was The Great Muppet Cartoon Show, where the babies discover and learn about animation, then they show clips of Gertie the Trained Dinosuaur, Will Vinton's Clay animation films. It was cute to see kermit dress up as Popeye, Skeeter dressed up as Olive Oyle, and then Piggy pops out of a can of spinach dressed up as Betty Boop angry and jealous that Skeeter will steal Piggy's love for Kermit.
That's when I watched Muppet Babies too, just before Pee Wee's Playhouse on Saturday mornings. I remember the animation episode, Muppet Babies was great the way they always managed to stick cultural references into the show. I knew how to make cartoons move very early in life Lol. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's interesting that the reason so many clips were used in the show because some of Jim Henson's friends were George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, which is one of the reason getting the show of DVD is so difficult, but that's no reason to panic because I'm more then certain Disney has the finances to clear all these clips. The theme song alone uses Indiana Jones, Star Wars clips, and Ghost Buster Clips.

Any way, some of my favorite episodes are the one where the babies create the XYZ network, and the Peter Pan episode with the animal gator.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I absolutely love Muppet Babies. They're what got me interested in the regular muppets again. I really love the show where they're trying to find Animal, that song "Best Friends" it's soo cool! :big_grin:

The main thing I hear when someone is putting down MB, is these things:

Piggy's too shrill and she yells too much.
Scooter was too nerdy, and too much of a wimp.
Skeeter...well just she never came over to adulthood, so that poses a canon problem.
Fozzie acts too stupid sometimes.

But I've always seen this as canon. It meshs quite beautifully with the adult muppets. They're 2-3 years old. And there was always at least 8 toddlers in that room. So...I can see the yelling, screaming 3 year old Piggy growing up into the yelling, karate-chopping adult Miss Piggy. Scooter, although he was nerdy, it just shows how smart that kid is! He was very shy when he was little, so he outgrew it, and became the gofer we know and love(or dislike/hate) today. Skeeter....she's so adventrous I'd figure to go with that she became a journalist who went into unchartered territory to get a story. Or something like that. XD And Fozzie...well, he acted stupid when he was little because he didn't know better. It was in his nature. So he grew up into the unsure of himself comedian bear.

I've always loved the Muppet Babies, and I always will.