Muppet Babies Rule

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i know that the characters aren't done by the same performers as the puppets, but did any main performers guest star during the show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Technically yes, really no....

You see, the performers did puppetry and some narration (I gather) during the short lived Muppets Monsters and Mysteries (Little Muppet Monsters) segment. A clip of the cartoon "Kermit P.I." was used, and it was narrated (at least in the beginning) by Jim Henson as Kermit. Any other performer appearance would be during the clips they used from GMC in one episode.

BEAR

Reaction score
It was a great cartoon. I loved how imagination was such a huge part of the premise. I liked when they used random old black and white movies, like when Fozzie would open the closet door and find a black and white Charlie Chaplin with a cream pie or something. I loved all the characters. I think I was always a huge fan of both the Muppet Babies cartoon and the regular Muppets, but for some reason I watched more Muppet Babies because they were more accessable. And even though I always loved Rowlf, for some reason I always especially loved the Rowlf from Muppet Babies when i was a little kid. Not sure why. Rowlf and Fozzie were my two favs from the cartoon. I always used to they were best friends whenever I watched. Like they were all meant to be paired together a certain way. Like Kermit and Piggy of course, then Scooter and Skeeter cuz they were twins, Gonzo and Animal always seemed to hang out together, and then there was Fozzie and Rowlf.

Interesting how Gonzo and Animal seemed like best friends on Muppet Babies, but they never really interact too much in the Muppet movies or tv shows. Then Gonzo and Rizzo randomly get paired all the time.
Brilliant how the Muppet Babies chose to make Camillia a toy chicken for Gonzo rather than creating a character.
Remember the episode when Nanny made cookies that looked like the kids?
I also liked whenever Bunsen and Beaker came by.
One of my favorite episodes that I remember the most clearly is when Scooter was sick, so the other kids imagined themselves really tiny so they could go into Scooter's body and fight off the germs.
I also remember watching Muppets Take Manhattan and watching Piggy's dream sequence and realizing that that is where the Muppet Babies concept came from. Who knew, huh?

I would love to see a new Muppet Babies series, but rather than it being a cartoon, I think they should use puppets like how they were originally.

jamminjake

Reaction score
I would do anything for Muppet Babies on DVD! You can listen to songs here: http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/muppetbabies/songs/

You can listen to them with Quicktime.

Muppet Babies
"Personal favorite"

"Muppet Babies, we make our dreams come true
Muppet Babies, we'll do the same for you
When your world looks kinda weird and you wish that you weren't there
Just close your eyes and make believe and you can be anywhere." Boy, did Muppet Babies make our dreams come true! For most children of the 80's we would get up early in the mornings before mom and dad and have our favorite bowls of high sugar cereals while watching saturday morning cartoons. What exactly defined Saturday mornings for us? Well, for many it would have to be Muppet Babies. Although they were only babies they had many adventures in the nursery that recquired their imagination. Muppet Babies is one of those charming shows that you will always remember from the opening theme sequence to the ending credits. Personally, Muppet Babies has to be my favorite 80's cartoon show. I am not sure if it was the child friendly animation or the great story plots that attracted me to these characters, but what I do know is that I loved it. Vivetly, I remember begging my mother to put in my Muppet Babies VHS containg a Star Wars spoof episode. The Muppet Babies was a part of 80's pop culture and released merchendise from plush dolls to T-Shirts to bath toys. It has been over 21 years since this beloved show filled our hearts with its loving warmth, but it still has an impact on today's generation. Although Muppet Babies has not been seen in eight years since it was replaced in the Nickelodeon children's line up, Nick Jr in the fall of '98 it still holds strong. Let's hope we see it on DVD someday! I know it would be the first DVD on my wish list.:smile:

Ernie101

Reaction score
That is great Jake! I tryed looking for their songs a while back and I couldn't find any. Thanks, that helped a lot.

Emosewa

Reaction score
Haha, yeah. ^_^ I really miss this show, the only bit of it I have now is the single episode dvds that came out with those toys (they didn't even all come out -_-). I didn't see the Muppet Show until I was in middle school, so I was exposed to the Muppet Babies more then the movies. And I loved the show, and the little clips used it it all the time. ^_^ I remember some of the episodes though (very broadly but still ). I just think of it as another dimension where the muppets were raised together. ^_^ Since it obviously doesn't go with the movies or show, it was great for us kids who didn't get to see the movies or show alot that came out before.