Muppet Bobble Heads!!!

Kedrick

Reaction score
Hey all,

Yesterday I was in Target here in Cleveland, Ohio and what did I happen across but a Miss Piggy and a Kermit the Frog Bobble Head dolls!! Miss Piggy sits on a pink base sort of lounging, with a telephone in one hand and a box of chocolates near the other. Kermi the Frog is sitting on a log, strumming his banjo. Both have oversized heads and each stands at around 6 inches tall (both are in a sitting pose). They are hand painted and very cute and certainly worth the $9.99 price.

Wonder why I hadn't heard anything about them prior to seeing them in the store...they are manufactured by Rittenhouse Archives.

Clint

tomahawk

Reaction score
i picked up kermit today. looks very nice. i actually made the guy open the box to get one out.

C'irdan

Reaction score
hey! I'm really interested in those, could someone do me a favor and give me a good pic or two? The ones in the archives and on Tough pigs are really blurry...also...they look funny in the pics because they have necks..is this really apparrent in them or is it just me?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh! i was going to post this! but i see it's already been posted;-)

well i took a little trip today to walmart to pick up the MCC DVD, they didn't have it...oh what a waste of a trip, bike trip in the freezing cold up hill that is, but with luck they had a few muppet nascars, sadly no Rowlf, but they did have kermit&piggy, pepe, and gonzo, so i desided on the kermit & piggy, very expencive so i could only buy one, that's why i really only wanted the rowlf one, in which i plan to only buy the Rowlf bust, but i couldn't past up this kermit & piggy car.
Ok,so i go to the target across the street to see if they have the MCC DVD, as soon as i walk i see the Kermit and Piggy Bobble heads! WOW, i was amazed because i heard talk that they may be out around christmas, yes they were only 9.99 each! What a steal! I Could see these at 19.99 each, but they are not, i have never shoplifted before, and at a price like that i felt like a stole them! But i didn"t....Oh and target did NOT have the MCC DVD either....but both stores were not a waste of a trip in the cold, freezing, night,...on a bike atleast.

oh well, i'll take a trip to mediaplay tomarrow and check, i also have to pick up another Muppet Mayhem CD, as i somehow scracthed mine and the cd won't play the full rainbow connection song, at about 2:50 in the song it starts to skip and won't play the rest of that song, i cleaned it very well, i don't even know how i scracthed it? I can't even see the scracth! It was working for about two weeks after i bought it so i didn't buy it like that.
oh, maybe i should have tryed to win a free one with the song of the day of the 27 days of muppet music, or whatever;-) To late now.

i hope they have the MCC DVD thought, i don't even have a VHS copy of it! I Just have the copy my grandpa taped off HBO in 1993, and the tape is in really bad shape now i can't even stand watching it, so i only watch the movie when it's on TV. i have been trying for a few years to get a VHS copy but no stores have it now. Someone dosen't want me to own a good copy of that movie i think.

Zack)Rowlf the, out of breath! Dog.

as i always am.
:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is there a Best Buy in your area, Zach? I think I saw one there (at one near me) tuesday.

As for the Bobbers...well, 9.99 is usually the average price for these kinds of things, plastic, Ceramic, or other wise (unless they are cheap generic ones, I saw some Halooween ones at Brooks Pharmacy for 2 bucks..want one really bad..) But I thought they were supposed to Have Fozzie and Gonzo too...

C'irdan

Reaction score
set of 12 figures???$192???????

Has anyone noticed that on Rittenhouse Archives.com and at scifihobby.com the muppet bobbleheads are listed as being a 12 Figure set of Kermit and Miss Piggy??? Not twelve kermits and piggies...but one kermit and one miss piggy that somehow add up to twelve figures and a price of yeah..well...a LOVELY price of not 20$ total like in the stores...no..no. but a much smaller price of $191.18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is insane! Does anyone get this or is it some kind of hopeless flaw on both websites?:eek: :confused: :mad: :frown:

Thog

Reaction score
Thats becase they are selling them by the case. 12per case.

Dan

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
As for the Bobbers...well, 9.99 is usually the average price for these kinds of things, plastic, Ceramic, or other wise (unless they are cheap generic ones, I saw some Halooween ones at Brooks Pharmacy for 2 bucks..want one really bad..) But I thought they were supposed to Have Fozzie and Gonzo too...
gee, well at the Hottopic store they have smaller bobble heads that are not in a nice package of characters like popeye,bettyboop,the pink panther,ALF, and the monkeys plus a buch of others that are were $13.00 each, the price could have gone down by now, but they were 13.00 when they first came out.

so 9.99 for a bigger,in package,new, MUPPET bobble head is a steal to me:smile:

i would guess that the fozzie and gonzo would come out later or not come out at all. althought i hope they do come out!

C'irdan

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
Thats becase they are selling them by the case. 12per case.

Dan
Thanks Thog. Sorry I kind of got worked up there... but they really need to put more info into their advertising...I wish they sold kermit and piggy individually...:frown: I live in a stupid little town and they don't sell any good muppet stuff here... just kermit and piggy figures ( regular) and the muppet labs playset and the weezer t-shirts and no more...:frown:( sad really...very sad. Can't find Dr. Teeth or Honeydew ANYWHERE! so annoying. people very mean. But thankyou for the clarification.:frown: :rolleyes: :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
gee, well at the Hottopic store they have smaller bobble heads that are not in a nice package of characters like popeye,bettyboop,the pink panther,ALF, and the monkeys plus a buch of others that are were $13.00 each, the price could have gone down by now, but they were 13.00 when they first came out.
Hmmmm... must just be a Massachusettes thing, but they are more expensive in Spencers and Hot Topic. We have a store called New Burry Comics, and it has all these novelty toys, including Bobble heads, and they are only 9.99 or at most 10.99. I don't know why they are more expensive at those stores! The Muppet Figures are like more expensive over at our little Novelty Store.