Muppet Central Radio - One bathing suit.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
Where did this version come from? I have never heard those lines before. Emmet Otter is my favoirte Christmas Special and I'm wondering.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The extended version was written for the special, but was cut for time. Thankfully it was released in the 2005 DVD release, played over the credits of the behind-the-scenes special. (Incidentally, the cut lines were Paul Williams' favorites!)

Sidenote: Also making its debut on the disc is "Born In a Trunk", originally written for the talent contest, sung by the music store mink.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
Sidenote: Also making its debut on the disc is "Born In a Trunk", originally written for the talent contest, sung by the music store mink.
Speaking of that song, does it say anywhere on the DVD why this song was cut?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I think it was cut for time. However, the mink does appear in the talent contest (dressed in the red/black dress with a giant red feather). There's even a picture of someone costuming her.

She's voiced by Marilyn Sokol for the song. (But on the DVD, she couldn't recall doing it. There's some nice shots of her in the recording studio as well, played as the song played.)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, they obviously recorded the song, but decided against using it or something. I'm thinking the reason was that something had to hit the floor because of time. Basically what Muppet Dude said.

There are pictures of the mink in her burlesque style dress, but there is no footage of the mink actually singing this song, so I have doubts as to whether or not it was even filmed. :/