Muppet Central...return...

Effralyo

Reaction score
And now seriously

*Well, as happened, I ran into this after reading Beau's holiday greetings, and firstly nearly spoiled all by a vented post - because thought that it was his first stage of star disease (certainly, with SUCH fame!!!:smirk: :rolleyes: ), but now I understand that was wrong. So - okay, I apologise and agree with him. *

Luckily, I'd never fighted anyone here (and won't), but such number of quarrels worries me indeed. Weird, fairly weird to see it on a Muppet place...
*Bows and shakes Gard's hand for a nice idea*

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*bump* I feel this thread needs to be stickied or something. It's terribly important and just Beau's first post makes you realize what a fantastic place MC is. And with some more recent bickerings going on lately, I feel everyone should read this. That's two! Two cents from the prawn! Ah ah ah!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Agreed, I know some people look at MC as a bunch of whiny kids, and in truth, I can see where those thoughts might stem from. I used to be like that, but then I realized that Jim would never want his fans acting so. Hence the addition to my sig: What Would Jim Do? MC needs to fulfill it's great potential, as a fan site; not the arch enemies to the wonderful folks at TP, not a bunch of people who only complain about the way things are. I publicly vow to be a more positive and friendly member as well as apologize to those I've been negative to or around.

Peace;
Dave

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for bringing this up again! And I'm sorry I've dissapeared for weeks at a time recently (didcha miss me?), I'll try to get back to regular posting again soon...life really does get in the way at times!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
And I'm sorry I've dissapeared for weeks at a time recently (didcha miss me?), I'll try to get back to regular posting again soon...life really does get in the way at times!
Isn't that what life does? Get in the way...Ah, that reminds me of a motto I just made up: "If life takes over every day, it gets in the way." Or something like that...:crazy:

P.S. Beau, next time I talk to you on MSN we need to talk about a certain giving-of-fake-torture-lines to a certain other half of mine and her protege. Because trust me...They retaliate...Hard...At the same time...My pit helmet got a real work out...

Gonzo14

Reaction score
i've always tried to stay out of the drama here, the only issue i've commented on was the recent one with "the one who won't be named"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I posted this to someone, but found it relevant for everyone to remember:

Just a quick note to remind you that Jim Henson always taught us that, no matter our differences, we can always be friends with one another. Jim's lesson was that we shouldn't build walls, we should break them down and let those who would be strangers be our friends.

I got a PM from someone you termed in your posts to him/her as a "newbie."

Muppet Central is not an elitist group. It is not a place that is the boarding house of cliques. It is a place where everyone who is a fan of anything associated with Jim Henson's work can come together and continue to build on that primary foundation of fandom and be a part of a larger community I like to think of as a family.

By terming someone as a newbie you have also placed a status on someone, something else that Jim Henson taught against.

It is my suggestion that you please welcome newcomers to MC with open arms and a more positive attitude, handling every situation with them as diplomatically as you can.

To you, it may be just typed words on a computer screen, but someone is on the other end of that post who has feelings, and I would respect you if you could respect that.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.
-----

One other thing, too: When someone who IS new to tbe boards mentions that they are new and love the website, please do not be rude to them for posting in the wrong thread. Welcome them and give them the link to the thread and as part of your greeting to them say, "...let us know more about you by posting an introduction here: (post link)." I think that's a very diplomatic and nice way to say that rather than, "Wrong thread!"

Yes, I've seen that happen.

In case nobody's recognized it yet, I keep trying to make sure that Muppet Central is user and family friendly, fun, and interesting. I do NOT condone any type of misbehavior or negative attitudes. I do not condone the use of sock puppet screennames (where the same person has multiple screennames). I do not condone the discussion of performers or other folks associated with Disney, JHC, or SW (etc.) personal lives.

The other thing is that I do not condone conversational topics or discussions that are not items you would have heard on Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, or Fraggle Rock. Before you begin to post something, keep that in mind, too. I've had some VERY adult conversational points appear on MC, not to mention some very negative stereotyping and racism. I do NOT condone any bigotry at all. Everyone is someone who can be loved by all, and it isn't that hard of a thing to do. It takes a lot more effort and stress to dislike someone or to cause trouble.

One of those reasons is that folks from all three companies and more visit these message boards. We have folks who range from directors of cartoons, Emmy award winning writers and story-boardists, puppeteers, Muppeteers, motion picture directors, television folks, magazine folks--all these people come to this message board and read the posts. So, not only is it a diplomatic thing, it's also a grace-saving act that I'm performing.

All I ask of EVERYONE is that you please try to be polite, open-minded, keep in mind what Jim Henson wanted to teach us all, and act on that, please.

BEAR

Reaction score
Kevin, I could not have said that better myself and that is the truth. THANK YOU for posting this! One of the best "speeches" that anyone has made here regarding the true mission of MC.