Muppet Childhood Memories

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Just watched GMC earlier today. So, they were identical twins in that film, which is hilarious:smile:. I loved the running gag where people get Kermit and Fozzie mixed up, and even Fozzie can't tell himself apart from Kermit at times. I also loved the scene where they show Kermit and Fozzie's father- http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Kermit_and_Fozzie's_Dad.

Great Gommzo

Reaction score
Earliest memories...my mum had a cassette tape of the Muppet Show album so remember Fozzie on rollerskates, that annoying spanish song Miss Piggy sang. Also remember getting a bendy rubber Animal toy and it falling apart almost as soon as I got it! Also remember when Fraggle Rock debuted in UK (yes, I'm that old!) and begging my dad to buy me a cuddly Red Fraggle! Also, I was lucky as when BBC1 repeated TMS in the mid 80s it coincided with my mum buying a VCR so I got to watch it over and over again!

Nasubionna

Reaction score
One of my favorite and strongest Muppet childhood memories is listening to "The Frog Prince" a billion times on our record player. I never actually even *saw* the special until later, I just had the audio and the pictures on the album cover for the longest time... my favorites were Sweetum's song about bashing frogs, and Kermit and the frogs singing about loving the swamp. :big_grin:

Nasubionna

Reaction score
I honestly can't pin down a moment when I first discovered the Muppets. They've just always been there. :smile:

But I remember I didn't really understand the lyrics and used to blend the words "andnobleofbearing" together, lol.

I really had no idea what was going on in GMC at the time, but I somehow loved the Kermit/Piggy/Nicky love triangle, lol.
Haha! Same for me!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
When i was a real little kid i can rembere being very sick in the hospital, They had movies for kids to watch and the one they had that i watched every day was Muppets Take Manhaten. My love of the Muppets comes from that

GafferFan

Reaction score
Mine is from the Muppet Show. My favorite for some reason is the entire episode with Diana Ross. I dont know why but I can say it word for word. Ive seen it so many times. The first song with Diana Ross, Fletcher Bird, and the Gawky Birds. Then the Gills Brothers singing. And finally my favorite part..... Beaker singing feelings

Auberoun

Reaction score
Man, now I feel old...

I used to spend Friday Nights at Grandma's house a lot growing up, and I remember that TMS came on at 8:00pm, and I had to have a bath watch TMS and go to bed. I remember I couldn't wait for the "Superman" episode.

I had almost all of the Fisher Price Stick puppets growing up, and wanted a theatre for them soo bad, and wondered why they didn't make the Electric Mayhem.

I watched Muppet Babies on Saturday mornings as well. And had most of the McDonalds toys that came w/ a vehicle. Kermit was riding a skateboard.

I remember going to see MTM at the theater, and then my parents taped it when it came on HBO, so I could watch it again and again...(which I did)

Ah the memories...

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I remeber seeing a trailer for Muppet Treasure Island on a VHS tape in my house a long time ago, I remeber Gonzo saying, "Faster Rizzo!" and the wheel being turned around and Rizzo being too short, is seen two feet off the ground saying "I'm going as fast as I can"

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well I also do grew up watching the muppets!

The memories I have as a child with the muppets are the shows like Sesame street, Bear in the big blue house and The muppet babies.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Yeah...they've ALWAYS been there. I remember seeing GMC in the theatre; I know I also saw TMM when it came out but my memory of that is very sketchy. However by the time I was six I was all about frogs and Kermit was of course my fave; I had a frog-themed birthday party that year and my dad went all-out, even bought me some paper plates and party goods with Kermit on them! (Oh, to have Muppet themed party goods again...you listening, Disney??) My favorite bakery (Alessi's, in Tampa, still the best) always had Cookie Monster and Kermit cupcakes, and I often would get one as my choice of treat when we went there for baked noms.

And naturally, as a kid, the ONLY thing that would get me to come in from the pool on a summer's night (I was in ALL day) was the Muppet Show, on in local syndication at 7.30! Most vivid memory from watching those eps is probably Miss Piggy being accidentally turned into a statue... I also owned the VINYL of "The Muppet Show Album", soundtracks to TMM and GMC, and played them often enough to memorize and sing along to every song.

My parents' old hippie friends, whom I grew up knowing as "aunts" and "uncles," also loved Muppets, and I've been very pleased to be able to reignite Muppet love in a few of them recently! :smile:
-----------------