Muppet Christmas Carol question...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Okay. So, my question is about the scene before Gonzo and Rizzo break into Scrooge's house. Rizzo offers Gonzo some jellybeans or something. Gonzo calls him an idiot, because Rizzo thought he forgot them, but he didn't. Anyway, then Rizzo like... leans forward and... I dunno, to me it looks like he's kissing Gonzo but I'm not sure. What's going on here?

BEAR

Reaction score
Yes, there is a moment when Rizzo kisses Gonzo on the nose. What about it?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Nothing, really, it's just a very odd moment, and I'm wondering what the purpose is.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's a very, very sweet moment between the two. Rizzo is basically saying, "I kow I'm an idiot, but you love me anyway."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, Gonzo called Rizzo an idiot after Rizzo jumped from the gate despite being very scarred, and then when remembering that he forgot his jellybeans he crawled through the bars to get them. Gonzo called him an idiot because he was afraid of jumping, but could easily just fit through the bars. Rizzo offering Gonzo a jellybean and then kissing him came earlier.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I would love know how Brian and Steve and Dave decided that Rizzo should kiss Gonzo, because I really think it's an adorable and funny moment.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Well, Rizzo had a strong lovable streak for a rat, and this is really when Rizzo came into his own. This pairing of him with Gonzo, and the way they play off of each other, has become one of the most memorable and enjoyable facets of the muppet universe. (Listen to their song on the A Red and Green Christmas--priceless.) As a side note, most of the muppet guys seem pretty comfortably expressing their affectionate side (except, of course, Sam!) with their friends. Is family, no?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Except for Sam, eh? I dunno. He seems to be quite comfortable with touching everyone he comes in contact with. I don't know if you've noticed? Anytime he is talking to another Muppet (or celebrity) he begins to stroke their shoulder, or touch their arm. I've always put this down to a little insecurity on his part.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
re

It's a very, very sweet moment between the two. Rizzo is basically saying, "I kow I'm an idiot, but you love me anyway."
I think this posters got it 100% right.

This movie, in every way shape and form, is absolutly perfect. For me, the holiday season without this movie wouldnt be the same. Make sure you get a copy with the incredibly beautiful and talented Meredith Braun singing "The love is gone" in its entirety. I know of at least one edition that is missing this scene, which is a shame.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Welcome to the board Mr UrRu (...or *insert name here*...).

When I bought the dvd version last Christmas, the song was missing and I was very surprised because I hadn't heard anything about cuts to the movie before then. I hunted through second hand shops and managed to get hold of an old video version which contained the song. It's a very beautiful moment, makes me cry. It's the turning point for Scrooge...how could they cut it?