Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ryan: *wipes brow* There, that should keep the naggers at bay for awhile. Two chapters in one night, I haven't done that in a long time.
Gonzo: Is that what you've been doing in here this whole time?
Ryan: Yup, that and homework.
Gonzo: Heh, and I thought Sam and Link were boring!
Ryan: *frowns*
Sam: Ryan, I just knew you would join the ranks of the boring some day! Come, let us go alphabetize your music collection!
Ryan: I already di-- OH NO! *runs out*
Link: Ryan, would you help me count the number of times I'm pictured on Muppet Wiki? *Ryan runs past* Hmph, what's gotten into him?
Gonzo: A real bore.
Clifford: Lame.
Gonzo: Yeah, I know...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hee hee hee... Think again duke o' chutney. We shall never stop nagging! Not until the story is finished!

*Roomies and guests are generally already snoozing, dead to the world, while others skulk around... A claw pauses upon seeing his old bunkmate rushing out the doors.
UD: Hmmm, now what's the matter with that fool.
Yorick: Probably henpecked.
*Both grimace.

Well gang, MuppetCast will probably be up tomorrow.
Fughetta: That's perfectly all fright. A simple lullaby will put us to rest in peaceful spirits.
*The Count's Lullaby is cued up from our MUP3 collection, soothing the haunters to beddy-bye.

UD, voiceover:MC Dorms have been brought to you by the letter D, for dorms and doom and a demonly delight.
Yorick: And by the number 6, six supernatural superstars gathered in one room.
UD: MC Dorms is a production of Muppet Central Forums. Sleep tight, don't let the batty bats fright... And pleasant screams.
*Blows out the candle and creeps back to his own resting place under the blanketing black.

Erine81981

Reaction score
*looking around on the web* Everyone else is fast asleep. They had a real fun afternoo. Went to the Zoo and saw all the animals and others too. Good night to everyone out there in dreamy dream land. Bye. *goes back to looking more on the web*

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Alex: *sitting on her bed, quite frazzled, as though she has been unable to sleep for days*

Sweetums: Alex, maybe you should just tr-

Alex: No! It's no use! *gets up and paces back and forth, wringing her hands*

Bean: You could -

Alex: Done it! *sits back down on her bed*

Floyd: How about -

Alex: Won't work! Guys, I can't sleep. And everytime I start to fall asleep, some new wacky idea for my next masterpiece pops into my head.

Bean: But you haven't even finished your fir- (is shushed by Sweetums)

Alex: *groans* Don't remind me! I KNOW I still have to at least TRY to finish Flint, Neddles, I haven't even BEGUN that crime drama, and let's not forget The Isle! Guys, don't let me keep you up... ya'll get to bed, and I'll be here, doing who knows what....
On second thought.... *she leaves to go roam about the halls*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In the common room, just entering the dorms house again...
VN, with a copy of the Hensonville Observer and a thermos of fresh coffee from Jim's: Alex? What are you... Oh, fic idea troubles. Yeah, seems Ed's gone through those too from what the dragon and vampire told us. Look, the best advice I think you'll get is... If you're getting all sorts of different ideas, try meshing them all into one same cohesive story. That way you'll have all the elements you want to have in the story you want to develop, and hopefully others will find and read.
*The last is said under his breath as an aside.
Sure, the ideas will be modified a little... But if it turns out into something you're happy with, that's the important thing. Ed says that's why he's content with his Counting Characters thread instead of past failed fic attempts.
*Notices the coffee's starting to cool.
Yikes! Got to go, my darling Composta won't wait forever.
*Passes the former weregirl and rides the elevator downwards where he'll meet up with his wife for a perusal of the morning news.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hits the bat-room to get dressed before leaving for classes on a holiday Monday. :scary:

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves for an evening on campus. *Monster roommates are enjoying a repeat of the podcast.

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Returns home... Bit weary for the travel and the news from my family... You know Claudia, if you want to get Bunsen to stop bouncing on Newsie's bed, just threaten him by making him watch Hobgoblins. Worked for Mike and the bots. Of course, there is an alternate methodPearl employed at the end of the interlude, but I think we'd best not mention that. For my fiends though, that's not a punishment at all as they love the film. They even root for the car who's trying to get out of the movie and likewise curse at the mention of neither of the two male leads being in the car wen it threw itself down over the cliff.

OK, gonna check threads now... Wonder if Beth's given the message I sent her some thought.
*Starts reading with a glass of milk and coconut cream pie. The others are either watching some skelevision or hav decided to go out for a change of pace.

Last edited:

MuppetGirl85

Reaction score
OoC: This has been a long time coming, but it's going to be up finally! BIC:

Over the past several weeks, Christine and her Muppet roomies have been decorating Dorm #2; there had been some heated debates over the best way to decorate the room so that everyone would be satisfied, but eventually it was decided that the general room decor would be fitted to the fact that all liked music and happened to be singers. The carpeting is white with black printed on it like staves on sheet music, and black musical notes of various kinds are situated on the lines and spaces of each staff. Meanwhile, the walls have been covered with two kinds of wallpaper: one half, belonging to Nelson and Jeanette, has custom wallpaper printed with roses and the RCMP coat of arms; the other half, which is occupied by Christine and her Muppet dormmate, Placido Flamingo, shows off wallpaper printed with beautiful gilt Corinthian columns. The windows are treated with sheer curtains, and on fancy brass curtain rods are hung solid, heavy curtains made of hunter-green velvet. Lighting consists of two miniature chandeliers with faux candles, and their lowest point is approximately two feet from the ceiling (which is about ten feet high) so that everyone still has room over their heads.

All the occupants of the dorm have furniture that they chose according to their own unique tastes. On the side of the room that belongs to Nelson and Jeanette there are two beds and two nightstands; Jeanette's furniture is feminine, with the nightstand and her bed frame and headboard painted solid white with small daisies on them, while Nelson's is more rugged, with the legs of his nightstand and the posts of his bed made from cut logs. Their bedding is, respectively, a springtime multi-floral print with linen sheets and a more Spartan--but still bold-colored, including a navy-blue comforter with a gold stripe printed around the edges and the initials of the Mounted Police in one corner--RCMP set with flannel sheets.

On the other side of the room, one will find a four-poster bed hung with burgundy curtains and fitted with a set of satin sheets in gold; the headboard has about ten different decorative pillows, all made from brocade silk (some embroidered), piled up against it, while the comforter is the same color as the curtains. This bed belongs to the operatic Muppet flamingo, Placido, and the roommate who shares his half has a completely different bed. There is very much a modern look to Christine's bed and nightstand, with the bed having a simple black bedframe. The sheet set is black and white, with the comforter showing off an art deco-inspired pattern. The legs of the nightstand travel the whole height of the furniture piece and flare out a bit at the bottom. There are also modular storage shelves up against the wall near Christine's bed, wooden shapes that fit into one another inspired by the popular game "Tetris".

The closet is, fortunately, large enough to hold each occupant's clothing. It holds Placido's tuxedoes and costumes, Nelson's uniforms, Jeanette's varied (but always frilly and feminine) dresses, and Christine's trendy clothes, as well as everyone's footwear and outerwear for various seasons. However, she keeps her cosplaying costumes separate from the rest, in a stand-alone wardrobe that is set up in the corner by the door. Each occupant has also brought along some personal decorations, and each nightstand displays them: Jeanette always keeps a porcelain vase full of fresh flowers and a book on hers; Nelson's nightstand has a goose-necked reading lamp set on it, as well as an alarm clock; Placido has his furnished with a candelabra that has a white taper candle on each arm, and there is always a libretto of some kind or sheet music next to the candelabra; and Christine's nightstand has a small, cordless feng shui fountain (with a small tealight holder that contains a candle, water running over fake rocks, and a small space filled with sand where a small zen garden rake rests), as well as a Bible and a book of popular prayers that she often reads.

OoC: And there you have it! BIC:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Lights are dimmed in most parts of room 7. Classical music is playing on the stereo, and the gang is curled up on sofa or in armchairs.

Storyteller: (casting a glance at the dozing Muppets and lone human) Beige...put that next disc on, the one that says "Harmony and Mood Music."
Beige: Sure thing. (changes disc and retreats to beanbag chair)
Storyteller: (curling back up in armchair) Mmm...this music therapy does wonders for the blood pressure.

(but the disc is set to some of the background music from "Psycho.")

Storyteller: Beige...are you sure that's the right one?
Erin: (dozing) Ten years ago...she's buried in the town cemetery...
Scooter: (in his sleep) Marion, no...don't...no, Marion, stay out of the...
Nora: (yawn) Mrs. Bates?
Beige: I'm sure it's the right disc...

(and then the music starts in on the shrieking violins)

Scooter: (awake) Marion! No!
Nora: (awake) Mrs. Bates? Mrs. Bates!
Erin: Ermph...insurance claims...car in the swamp...what's going on?
Storyteller: What? (takes out disc) Beige, this isn't "Harmony and Mood Music," this is "Horror Movie Music!"
Beige: (yawns moodily) Well excuse me, but it was dark and your handwriting is nigh on illegible.

Status
Not open for further replies.