Muppet Comics Cancelled?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
But this is something that has gotten on my nerves occasionally: this site HAS a fantasy world and other non-muppet boards. It just feels sometimes like those of us who liked that part of the Henson legacy are teased with inclusion only to be ignored when we show up to the party. If Muppet sites don't want to cover non-Muppet news or merchandise or whatever, then direct us to sites where we CAN talk about it instead of offer boards that sit largely unused.
Nobody stops that conversation--folks just need to get on those forum boards and discuss. If there is discussion to be had, open a new topic. :wisdom:

@DWMcKiM: Never saw the show, Farscape (how sad is that?); but, I did pick up a few of the comics series and I'll say this for that title--anytime you can pick up a story line in the middle and it reads for its own saga and you do not have to rely on what you need in the past makes a title, like Farscape, fantastic! The books are well written, well drawn and I enjoyed them very much.

And then, they did Darkwing Duck...now you know where my money is going! Ha ha. That series is awesome.

Boom has done a wonderful, bang-up job with their titles and I love them!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Steve Swanson of the Muppetcast just posted a link on facebook about Marvel Comics kind of picking up (sort of) the Muppet Comics. Here is the link.

http://marvel.com/news/story/15605/meet_the_muppets

Now it's nice to see that all of these comics will be together in a nice big book, and I'm hopeing that they sell well enough that they put out the other ones like Snow White and others.
It's kind of like how when Disny first bought the Muppets and they quickly put the Muppet movies they owned on DVD, so that Sony would not have the lattest relesse, but with this the comics are all in one nice big book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Steve Swanson of the Muppetcast just posted a link on facebook about Marvel Comics kind of picking up (sort of) the Muppet Comics. Here is the link.

Now it's nice to see that all of these comics will be together in a nice big book, and I'm hopeing that they sell well enough that they put out the other ones like Snow White and others.
It's kind of like how when Disny first bought the Muppets and they quickly put the Muppet movies they owned on DVD, so that Sony would not have the lattest relesse, but with this the comics are all in one nice big book.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is EXACTLY what I was afraid of... This is exactly what I was complaining about! I'd rather have NOTHING than crappy halfdonkeyed reprints of stuff that's ALREADY been available for well over a year now. They couldn't even be the better company and just release the lost 4 Seasons arc. No... the first bleeding 4 issue story that I'm sure EVERYONE on this website has grabbed up by now? Seriously... What... the... HECK!

This was NOTHING more than immensely pathetic consolidation. There was NEVER any plans for Marvel to publish any NEW Muppet or Pixar material... why pull the license from a capable indie comic company that has given us new, bold, and innovative stories for EVERY Disney license it had to just cheaply reproduce 6 dollar magazines for 5 year olds who won't even buy them?

This is a disgrace to the comic buying public, and I'm sure any Muppet fan worth their felt would see red by this pathetic decision. Really... I said this before and I'll say it again... NO ONE wants cheap butt reprints of stuff when you're holding hostage 4 issues of something that's in limbo so they can publish cheap magazine reprints of stuff.

I reiterate: BOOOOOOOOOO!

:mad::boo::sleep:

mbmfrog

Reaction score

Lets hope that Marvel is willing to publish those Star comics based upon the Muppets as well. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Sigh. Yes, that's really what I wanted: cheap reprints rather than new stories. Siiiigh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow I thought this news was going to be received well. I gusse I should have been paying attention to whats been going on in this thread.

As far as I'm concerned I think that they would almost have to re relesse these in some way before they start making more new ones. They have to see how the comics will sell under the Marvel name. Now if they had some bonus content in the books then I think it would be more interesting to the ones who have already bought all of the comics.
It's going to be a bummpy road for the comics for a little bit, but if these sell well then I'm sure that they will start making new comics again. They where to popular not to, and come thanksgiving everyone is going to want anything Muppet they can get there hands on, so we may get new comics sooner then we think.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i haven't bought all the new muppet comics from boom! i have about 9, thats it...i WILL be buying this book! :smile:

TSSD

Reaction score
Sigh. Yes, that's really what I wanted: cheap reprints rather than new stories. Siiiigh.
Better than nothing. And who knows, maybe if the reprints do well, they'll release new stories. :super:

muppetperson

Reaction score
I dont know why some people are being negative about this.According to the view taken, once something is drawn and published, it should not be seen again.So does this mean that The Muppet Show should never be released again because it is not new?
Marvel is a well known brand and known more than Boom and also has better distribution.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is something I support 100%. The comics were wildly popular so why not have Marvel go into a second printing of them in higher volumes and placed where more peepers are going to see them? We're bound to get new stuff eventually. :smile: