Muppet Costuming For Yourself?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
As you will see in post#7, the reason this thread has started is no more, but I plan now to make it have a new purpose.

If you see or know of something that someone can use in making their own Muppety costume, list it here. I, for example, found a long-sleeve Ernie-ish shirt at Wal-Greens pharmacy. So, if you find something similar post it in this thread in case someone wants to make their own costume to look more like a Muppet.
Say, gang,

Convention is next weekend and I'm considering performing as Miss Piggy (same convention as where we performed "Feed Me"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJMcRdvnJVI

Don't waste time, but if you find links to 70's style "Farrah"-wigs, elbow-length purple gloves, pig ears, her purple dress (I'll buy a boa here) to fit a guy who wears XL, post it. Looking for things that look nice and don't cost an arm-and-a-leg in the US.

I'm still looking, though.

Thanks,
Kev

BTW: We'll either do "What Now My Love" or "Temptation."

Ruahnna

Reaction score
IF you have Dollar Trees near you, you can usually get things like boas and sometimes gloves there. (I've bought gloves online, for not much.)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Bought two pairs of gloves today at the Dollar General Store--one pink and one blue. They are short, but better than nothing. Also, you might considere using socks for gloves--done that for a costume before. (Hope I'm being slightly useful and not annoying!)

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh you are going to look so cool that is going to be so great :mad: :smile: i love that i put the miss piggy there because you talked about her .

you really are going to look wonderful

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Sometimes, when searching for "Muppets" in eay's Toys and Hobbies category, I've come across a few auctions selling off Henson Associates/Company signed Miss Piggy purple gloves, 13 inches in length and bearing the "Kissy, Kissy" phrase on the glove itself.
Mayhaps you could do a search for that Kev. And how appropriate is it that our own F-Oz will be performing as Miss Piggy at his next live appearance?
Aaaaaah! Fu-nnneeeee!

muppet baby

Reaction score
oh that would be so wonderful you should look for those :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I decided that, with time fast escaping, I'm not going to be able to acquire everything in a week's notice anyway. Besides that, I sat in the car for 30 minutes trying to bring myself to go into a Goodwill to buy a 'Miss Piggy Dress' for the act, and I couldn't do it! I can't bring myself to go in and buy a dress, not even for a costume! So, I'll maybe do it next year and skip the whole thing this year.

I did find some rubber pig ears and a Farrah Fawcett-type wig that would have looked cool, plus a pig snout that attaches via spirit gum instead of the elastic.

Maybe, we can change this thread and help out for further costuming needs of everyone? I'm going to change the thread title and edit my first post.

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Besides that, I sat in the car for 30 minutes trying to bring myself to go into a Goodwill to buy a 'Miss Piggy Dress' for the act, and I couldn't do it! I can't bring myself to go in and buy a dress, not even for a costume!
So who buys your dresses normally then? Oops .... :embarrassed: :big_grin:

I see Swedish Chef costumes all the time but no other characters. I don't get that. Why is the Chef the breakout dress up character in the Muppet World? I guess because its the only costume for sale! lol

muppet baby

Reaction score
Luke said:
So who buys your dresses normally then? Oops .... :embarrassed: :big_grin:

I see Swedish Chef costumes all the time but no other characters. I don't get that. Why is the Chef the breakout dress up character in the Muppet World? I guess because its the only costume for sale! lol

I know i love the sweedish chef that would be a great thing to dress up as

i know what you mean about not seeing many other muppet costumes that is just crazy there should be more :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
It is interesting that they did just go with the Chef commercially, at least in recent years. You would have thought it would have been more of the main characters. Not many people go to parties as Chefs, at least not the parties i go to or would go to, if i had a life!!