Muppet crossovers

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Some of my favourite Muppet skits or shows were when Muppets from a different series would show up in another show. Classic examples are when Ernie & Bert appeared on Connie Stevens' episode of The Muppet Show and Big Bird appeared in Leslie Uggams' episode.
My favourite would probably be when Kermit and Robin go down a Fraggle hole in A Muppet Family Christmas and meet the Fraggles. I remember seeing it when I was young and thinking it was really fun because it almost shouldn't really happen. Kinda like The Flinstones Meet The Jetsons.
Another great example was A Celebration Of 30 Years where all the Muppets are sitting together to watch the show. You have the likes of Big Bird mixing with Sweetums and Rowlf mixing with Sproket and other Muppet dogs.
I'd have loved to have seen a TMS character guest star on Sesame Street.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Another good example is when Sam appeared on The Animal Show with Stinky and Jake. I haven't seen it, but I really do love crossovers.

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I, too, would love to see the "Muppet Show" muppets appear on Sesame Street. In fact, I always had this idea that the "Sesame Street" and "the Muppet Show" muppets should switch places. The possibilities of what could happen are overwhelming.

Even though, there might not be as many surprises with the "Muppet Show" muppets going to Sesame Street, and vice versa, because there are many parallels with the characters, there could still be lots of laughs. Examples of this include: Statler and Waldorf switching places with Oscar the Grouch, Lew Zealand and Sam the Eagle switching places with Ernie and Bert, Gonzo and Animal switching places with Grover and Cookie Monster, Kermit the Frog is already a frequent crossover on both shows, etc. I wonder how the rest of the characters (the humans, etc.) on both shows will react to this.

Another idea, maybe, is that Ernie and Bert are roommates, but if Ernie wants to move in with Lew Zealand and Bert wants to move in with Sam the Eagle. Ernie and Lew Zealand act and look a lot alike, that it is possible they could be distant cousins, and the only muppet who is similar to Bert like how Lew Zealand is to Ernie (being a lot alike in appearance and personality) is Sam the Eagle. I know I keep on going on and on about this idea, I just really like the muppets.

Any other ideas?

Muppetmonster