Muppet Crossovers

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I was just thinking about this the other day. I recently watched The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan (again, for who knows which time- the millionth?) Anyway, apparently it had been a while since I saw The Great Muppet Caper, because I realized that Frank Oz and Oscar the Grouch :grouchy: both have a very obvious cameo in the movie. (I mean, they come out and tell you that's what they're doing there. )
So I was wondering what the other crossovers have been.
I know there's only a gazillion or so Muppets in the end scene of The Muppet Movie and of course, Big Bird has his famous cameo scene.
Again on The Muppets Take Manhattan, a lot of Sesame Street characters show up for Kermit :smile: and Miss Piggy's :mad: wedding. (I believe :smirk: Gobo's Uncle Travelling Matt (don't have a smilie for him yet) also shows up)
Of course, there's a big time crossover on The Muppet Family Christmas where the Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and Fraggle Rock gang all get together, including Doc and Sprocket and Fozzie's mom. As I understand, Clifford was originally on The Jim Henson Hour and then became part of Muppets Tonight!
Does he count as a crossover character or is he now more of a regular Muppet, especially after his appearance on It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.
If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a post that lists all the characters that show up at the end of The Muppet Movie.

But I was wondering if anyone can tell me about any other Muppet crossovers.
Also, could someone tell me where I can find out more about The Jim Henson Hour? I've never seen this show (I'll duck from the barrage of tomatoes backstage with Fozzie :embarrassed: now)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've heard that certain characters from Fraggle Rock are "supposedly" in Dinosaurs and MTI. Sprockett and the Puppet cast of Dog City appeared in Muppets at Walt Disney world.

Sometimes on older episodes of Sesame Street (in the 80's) they used Muppet Show Animals (in one sketch they used the Ramma lamma sheep and Muppet Show Chickens).

In a few Muppet Show episodes (Leslie Uggams, Marty Feldman, and Connie Stevens) Sesame Street Characters appeared (including Bert, Ernie, and Big Bird)

Plus, they were together in Muppets, a Celebration of 30 years, and The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
all right! the first to post a reply to my own post!

Actually, I remembered a few things I left out before.
I'm pretty sure some Sesame Street characters showed up on The Muppet Show in at least 2 different episodes. I guess there's also some crossing over on the "Cliff's Nightmare" episode of The Cosby Show.
And of course, there's the 30th. Anniversary special which crosses characters over, for obvious reasons.
Would Clifford count as a crossover? He shows up with Kermit on the "Muppet Sing-Alongs" video (the one featuring "Kokomo", "BBQ", etc.)
And then he later becomes host of Muppets Tonight!
I guess now he considered part of the main cast, especially after his appearance in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.

On this post, I'm interested in Muppet Show characters showing up on Sesame Street, Sesame Street characters showing up on The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock characters showing up on The Muppet Show, or any of these on any of the movies, etc. (basically, any place you wouldn't normally see them)

I'm also wondering if Robin was ever a regular on Sesame Street. I think he's featured in the "We are all Earthlings" music video. I know Kermit the Frog obviously was a regular on Sesame Street before hosting The Muppet Show (and as far as I know, he still is ) but was anyone else from The Muppet Show ever a regular on Sesame Street or anything else like that?

(sorry if this is a little confusing)

Okay, here's what I consider the "main cast" of The Muppet Show (besides like the puppeteers and all :stick_out_tongue: )

Kermit the Frog
Miss Piggy
Fozzie Bear
The Great Gonzo
Rowlf the Dog
Scooter the Gofer
(The Electric Mayhem)
Animal
Dr. Teeth
Janice
Floyd
Zoot
Lips (kinda sorta- not as strong a presence as the others of course)
Sam, the American Eagle
The Swedish Chef
Crazy Harry
Robin, Kermit's nephew
Sweetums
Beauregard (or just "Bo")
Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
Beaker
Lew Zealand
Statler
Waldorf (for two guys who hate The Muppet Show, they seem to show up in almost everything they do)
Link Hogthrob
Dr. Julius Strangepork
Wayne and Wanda (well, for the 1st. season anyway and 1 guest star appearance later)
Muppet Newsman
Muppet Wide World of Sports newscaster

(okay, here it gets a little tenuous- ok back up at Wayne and Wanda it was already kinda tenuous too)
The Jug Band
Muppet Monsters - Gorgon Heap, Shakey Sanchez, Uncle Deadly, etc. (this all depends on who actually frequently showed up in the background- of course, only some of these guys had larger roles that carried on to other things)
Angus McGonagle ( :crazy: that one's a joke- I just really like his segment on the "Star Wars" episode)
Nigel, the Conductor
Anything Muppets
Whatnot Muppets
Koozbanians

Anyone else?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
in reply to my last post

ok, so Dr. Teeth (or is that Sully?- that's another thing, what are the names of the two construction workers on Sesame Street?)
beat me to posting a reply.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I've heard that certain characters from Fraggle Rock are "supposedly" in Dinosaurs and MTI.
Yessir. There is at least one in Muppet Treasure Island. It's not a Fraggle, it's something else that first popped up in Fraggle Rock. During the opening scene there are a few creatures singing. I believe he sings the line:
"And those buccaneers drowned their sins in rum."

That character appeared in the episode of Fraggle Rock, The Minstrels. I think that's when he was in the show, anyway. Whatever the case, the creature was in Fraggle Rock, and I think the same creature MIGHT have been in Dinosaurs. I'm not sure.

Of course, Sal Manilla, Johnny Fiama's monkey partner, sings the line:
"The devil himself would have to call them scum."

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Biff and Sully (how could I forget?)

I just found the answer to my own question.
The construction workers on Sesame Street were Biff (the talkative one) and Sully (the quiet one who knew what he was doing)

kinda like Tim and Al on Home Improvement, except that Al talks a lot more than Sully does.

anyway, back to the question at hand.
What other Muppet crossovers are out there?
:confused:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think another mention here would probably be Rowlf the Dog's appearance in that counting skit on "Sesame Street."

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
As I understand, Clifford was originally on The Jim Henson Hour and then became part of Muppets Tonight!
Does he count as a crossover character or is he now more of a regular Muppet, especially after his appearance on It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie.
If I'm not mistaken, I think there is a post that lists all the characters that show up at the end of The Muppet Movie.

How come I dont remember Clifford being in the Very Merry Christmas Movie? Was he in a scene that was cut out of the television broadcast but was on the video?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
How come I dont remember Clifford being in the Very Merry Christmas Movie? Was he in a scene that was cut out of the television broadcast but was on the video?
Good point. It might have been "Muppets From Space" I was thinking of, but I thought Clifford was also in the new Christmas TV-movie. (or at least I thought someone mentioned it. hmm, maybe it was a cut scene. :confused: )

:attitude: :eek: :concern:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, here's the deal.

1 Clifford didn't appear persay in the new Christmas movie, it was a poster depicting Clifford in the background on one of the walls of the Muppet Theater. At least, that's what the majority of the posters here in the forum have said. Can't confirm this myself due to my blindness.
2 Yes, I'd consider Clifford a sort-of crossover Muppet character. At least, if you go to my "Muppet Listings 8.0" thread, you'll find Clifford listed with both a JHH and MT designations.
3 There's another MTI crossover from FR you're forgetting aobut. The character known as Begoony from the episode where the Fraggles were going to put on a play and Mokey got herself shrunk to fit in a sort of dollhouse... Sorry, felt the need to reference. Anyway, Begoony played the role of the pirate known as Angel Marie in the movie Muppet Treasure Island.
Hope this helps and have a good day.