Muppet Drums Sticks

Erine81981

Reaction score
That sounds cool but I'm not really good at carving out foam. Thanks for your idea too Bryan. I'll see what I do. I'll keep ya'll up to date.

BEAR

Reaction score
Or you could use rolled up paper or card paper of some sort. That would be easy.

Tim

Reaction score
They are actually long thin metal springs painted and dressed to look like drum sticks. The arm rods are attached to the part where the character would hold them, and the hands are attached over that. They do this to create the illusion of movement theat the character's wrists are actually moving. You can see this pretty well during Anima's solo with Rita Moreno during the "Fever"" number.

Springs like this are sometimes hard to find loose to check weight and movement. Most big hardware stores sell them in plastic bags, so you might have to buy several sized and play with them at home, then remember which size worked best for the future. Some little "mom and pop" stores still sell them loose, so check around. Good luck!

roastnebrie

Reaction score
Animal's drumsticks

while attending Pratt Institute in Brooklyn ny i had a chance to visit the Muppet workshop . Tim miller was kind enough give me a tour!i saw every muppet that was there at the time!when seeing animal i noticed that his drum sticks were nothing more than reticulated foam. his drums are real! but when he stikes the drums they dont make any sound. of course you all know the music is pre recorded and I was told that animal moves so fast that you dont even think about the fact that its an illusion.:halo:

ILuVERNIE

Reaction score
they are made out of wood!! some are plastic... the wooden ones are the best!