Muppet Ears

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find it strange that most of the Muppets don't have ears? Sure, Piggy, Rizzo, Rowlf and some others do, but for everyone you can name that have hears, there are several that don't. I don't really care either way. The characters are a bit abstract, but I just found it funny. :stick_out_tongue: <-- has ears. LOL!

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
The other day my daughter asked me where Prairie Dawn's nose is.

There's always the eye issue with :confused: He's a scientist, shouldn't he know glasses only work if you have eyes?

And we all know from MuppetFest that some Muppets ( :mad: ) use ears only as fashion accessories.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I know not from Muppet Fest. Please explain the :mad: issue.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They displayed the Miss Piggy puppet without the ears. Apparently, they are separate and clip on. LOL! Probably a headband type thing so the wigs can be changed. The ears arrived later than the puppet, but I hear they eventually made it.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Oh that's so weird. I wondered how they changed her hair so much without building a new head.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There was also a Today Show appearance a couple years ago. Piggy was talking about her new perfume, Moi, and they forgot to include the ears. A few days later she did have her ears with a similar appearance on a different channel.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
So many of the muppet humanoids have been born with a missing facial feature. It's sad realy

(not realy :stick_out_tongue:)

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yep. Scooter's eyes are IN his glasses, and Floyd's glasses are apparently melded to his face so that they work like eyes.

Freaks. :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

Thijs

Reaction score
And there are many muppets who have hair instead of eyes, like Janice and Mumford

Fireimps87

Reaction score
try and Explain why Bill(or is it Gil) has ears. He's a frog!:smile: