Muppet fabric and stencils

elizabear

Reaction score
I'm desperately seeking Muppet fabric to use for making clothes for my son. Does anyone have any leads on something other than polarfleece? Sesame Street would be okay, but I'd really like something with Kermit, Fozzie, etc. I'd even be willing to buy old bedsheets or something to use for this.

I'm also interested in any stamps or stencils I could use to do fabric painting to make my own Muppet fabric.

Thanks for any assistance!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Have you tried cutting your own stencils from sponge or foam?

elizabear

Reaction score
Yep - I'm going to make my own stencils and stamps (potatoes are great for fabric stamping) if I can't find anything pre-made.

I wish Torrid was still carrying the Kermit lounge pants they had about 18 months ago. *sigh*

Whatever

Reaction score
Look up the member called Camilla. I think their website sells old Muppet sheets among other stuff...

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
JoAnns often has cotton versions of the flannel SST prints. I've also found some at quilt shops from time to time.

For Classic Muppets:

you can keep an eye on eBay for sheets, but the prints tend to be quite large.

You could scan in pictures and print them on premade fabric sheets or treat your own fabric to make printable fabric sheets on better quality fabric, then print the scans.

If you have access to an embroidery machine, there is a Classic Muppets embroidery CD-rom that includes Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, and Rizzo.

You can use the designs in Quilting with the Muppets to make appliques. They're a bit large but you can either shrink them down or use them on the fronts of t'shirts or the backs of jackets and vests.

Let us know what you come up with!

Fozzie54

Reaction score
elizabear said:
I wish Torrid was still carrying the Kermit lounge pants they had about 18 months ago. *sigh*
Target carries women's "I Love Kermit" pajama tops and pants. If you go to their website and search for "kermit" it should bring them up.