Muppet Family Christmas at FYE on DVD

tomahawk

Reaction score
Yesterday I was at the Lynnwood mall here in Wa. state and I ran across 3 copies of MFC. It's been awhile since I've seen it on the shelf and I know for awhile it had been going for at least $40 on Ebay. If anyone else needs this, check FYE.

Nick22

Reaction score
TO FYE! hopefully they'll have it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
FYE's become one of my fave stores this last year as they usually have a lot of great finds with equally great prices (found a rare copy of Annie Lennox's "Songs of Mass Destruction" w/ bonus tracks that had been eluding me for over a year there - i'm half expecting them to be the only place that will end up having a copy of the new Shakespears Sister cd). I have a Best Buy, Electronic Fry's and Zia's Records (one of those rare bricks-and-mortar independant stores still left standing) all within a mile of me and have to do some driving to visit the latest FYE so i don't visit as often but i'm rarely disappointed when i do.

Since they offer secondhand along with new and there's been no news of a new release (and the seperate ownership issues might keep a new release from happening for awhile), i'm guessing they've been holding on to the various holiday dvd/cd's they get second hand and put them out on the shelves during the season so whether you get lucky and find them at your local FYE might just be hit or miss.

ploobis

Reaction score
Last week I found 4 or 5 copies of MFC at Suncoast! So I went right ahead and bought a copy! It was only $14.99! :wink:

Beats the heck out of the price on Ebay!

Me and my family love this Christmas special. It's a Holiday Classic!

unclematt

Reaction score
I have to go look for it. I dont have it on DVD. I think it is the bestspecial period that the Muppets have done. Gobbla Gobbla Humunga!

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It would be so nice to have an unedited version of Muppet Family Christmas released to DVD! It's definitely one of my favorite Muppet Christmas specials- and just one of my favorite Muppet specials period. But after watching it many times on the standard VHS release and then finally getting an unedited version, there was such a difference in having all the extra scenes. It's definitely worth tracking down if you can. If I'm not mistaken though, I think someone's posted the whole thing on Youtube. For those with the know-how, it should be possible to take a standard DVD release and splice it with excised material pulled from Youtube to put together an unedited version. I've heard the UK version is pretty well intact though. In any case, it's nice to see Muppet Family Christmas out on the shelves again for a reasonable price.:smile::wisdom::hungry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm going to agree 100% with what DW said, and also as to why you were able to find such an in demand DVD. FYE and (when we had) Suncoast, these stores had a lot of stuff in their back stock that is completely out of print, or just not normally sold at bigger chains that offer better prices. Unlike Best buy, they don't pull all the older videos, either out of print or released over a year or so, to stock mounds, rows, and gluttonies of movies that just came to DVD. Every time I hear "I can't find a DVD" the complaint has the word "Best Buy" in it. I remember trying to buy a friend a Super Mario cartoon DVD back in 2002 (before I got a player) that I saw only 2 months earlier at Best buy, only to be foiled by 2 shelves worth of Stuart Little 2 DVDs. I never liked them since.

But in this case, we have a DVD that is not only out of print, but LONG out of print and going for a fortune on E-bay... even with the long, pointless music copyright cuts. Why, If I were the kind of guy to do so, I'd buy up all of those I could find and sell them for slightly less than everyone else. But I'm not.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Let me just say I find it a bit unusual you guys are getting all excited about finding this cut-to-****-and-back DVD edition of Muppet Family Christmas. I do know for a fact that Disney doesn't have any problems with re-releasing this special (Disney technically owns the special and doesn't need to hassle with Henson and SW, I know that for a fact), but seeing this out there must amount to something...

tomahawk

Reaction score
Let me just say I find it a bit unusual you guys are getting all excited about finding this cut-to-****-and-back DVD edition of Muppet Family Christmas. I do know for a fact that Disney doesn't have any problems with re-releasing this special (Disney technically owns the special and doesn't need to hassle with Henson and SW, I know that for a fact), but seeing this out there must amount to something...
Ummm... I was excited about it cause I don't have it on DVD yet. Cut to @ and back or not. Way to be a party pooper. And, if I'm correct, Disney now has to get the o.k. from Sesame workshop and Henson for the use of the other characters.

zns

Reaction score
If you are going to be looking for an unedited version of the sepcial, my advice would be to contact someone here on the internet that has a copy, such as Kermiclown. They can help you out as long as you have something else to offer them.