Muppet Family Christmas on Treehouse TV

dbarrie

Reaction score
There's another channel in Canada called Treehouse TV that's going to air Muppet Family Christmas. It'll be shown there on Monday, Dec. 22 @ 6 PM ET. Let's hope it has very few edits! :wink:

Treehouse TV is the younger sibling of YTV (Youth Television). It's kinda strange this special is being shown on Treehouse since it's not primarily aimed at preschoolers. I'm just curious to see what will be present or missing when the special is broadcast on this channel.

OI MuppetFan

thefozz

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
There's another channel in Canada called Treehouse TV that's going to air Muppet Family Christmas. It'll be shown there on Monday, Dec. 22 @ 6 PM ET. Let's hope it has very few edits! :wink:

Treehouse TV is the younger sibling of YTV (Youth Television). It's kinda strange this special is being shown on Treehouse since it's not primarily aimed at preschoolers. I'm just curious to see what will be present or missing when the special is broadcast on this channel.

OI MuppetFan
YTV has been airing AMFC annually for the past few years now, and I was under the impression that the version they were showing was the original, unedited version of the show.

Is that the case, or are there some edits to the YTV broadcast?

Anyways, given the official relationship between the two networks, I would imagine that Treehouse is going to show the exact same version YTV airs -- whatever that version may be.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Last night I watched AMFC on Treehouse, unedited and w/o commercials! The only scene that was cut was a very minor one that didn't really add much to the story; it's the scene where Fozzie hangs up his stocking and talks to his mom about it. I didn't watch it on YTV the other years, but I presume that it was shown there the same way.

It was so great to see AMFC unedited again after so many years of having to suffer through watching the butchered North American video/DVD version!

OI MuppetFan

Lu775

Reaction score
Oh man, I missed it! and I don't have Muppet Family Christmas on tape. :frown:
Think Treehouse will re-run it any time soon?

dbarrie

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you missed it :frown: It doesn't look like it will be rebroadcast this Christmas. It'll probably air again next year on YTV and Treehouse.

OI MuppetFan