Muppet Family Christmas on TV today

dacp3

Reaction score
Yeah, it's on Hallmark at 1pm, but what's edited on the TV version? I hope it's not like the DVD version...

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It won't have everything, but it will be a much more complete airing than the video or DVD. Definitely worth taping if you can.

After it airs, if we want to compile a list of the Hallmark edits, we can add it to our FAQ.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
*does her Charlie Brown impression*

AUGHHHHH! I tuned in too late to tape all of it! Does anyone know when it's going to be on Hallmark next? *vows to set her VCR*

-Kim

Stulz

Reaction score
Muppet Family Christmas Edits

I have to say for being an edited version this one is really great!@!

All the important songs are included the only edits I noticed were:

OUT- Rowlf talking to Fozzie about being "ex-austed" (spelling?)

In-"Sleigh Bells"

OUT- The turkey flirting with Camilla

In- The entire Muppet Babies scene

Out- Turkey "fondeling" Camilla ..
Kermit: "Hark, What's that I hear?"
Gonzo" "You hear me about to make some Turkey hash!"

Cuts right to Kermit: "Me thinks me hears carolers"

In- Piggy singing "No Place like Home for The Holidays"

OUT- Fozzie and Mrs. Bear talking about Fozzie's stocking

All in all a very nice edit!
It doesn't feel chopped up like the oher versions where you can tell there's "something missing" (MTI reference)

If you can catch it on Hallmark, DO!

gags beasley

Reaction score
There was one more Hallmark edit I noticed. It was near the beginning. After Doc said "Not more!", Fozzie answered the door and it was the Swedish Chef ("Oh, you're here to cook the Christmas turkey for us!"). The Chef and Fozzie both start singing and head for the kitchen. In the Hallmark version, it cut from Doc saying "Not more!" to Gonzo answering the door for the turkey.

gags beasley

Reaction score
One more Hallmark edit I just remembered: the scene near the end where Maw informs the Muppets that two of them will have to sleep on coat hangers in the closet, and Floyd saying "That's the only way Animal ever sleeps, ma'am."

I am still glad I taped it. Nothing major was removed. It was so wonderful seeing all the songs included on the Hallmark broadcast.

Stulz

Reaction score
yup!

yeah I missed those last two... it's funny cause with this version, you (almost) don't miss the cut stuff.. cause it isn't as important as the songs and the cuts work with the flow, not against it.

DLuvMuppsGonzo

Reaction score
I am alittle confused so correct me If I am wrong. I own A Muppet Family Christmas on tape- is that the whole version or was it cut down?

Stulz

Reaction score
6pm airing.....

@ the 6pm Hallmark airing the show was edited differently from last weeks 1pm show!!!

In addition to the cuts mentioned before they cut out The Swedish Chef VS Sproket -"Turkey"- scene.

Does Hallmark expect a larger audience for the evening airing? - IE -edit shows down MORE to show EVEN more of the same commercials over and over agian..

Any one Else notice this?

What is it with the Holiday season this year? More edits to MFC and now songs are missing on copies of "A christmas together" ??? WHY DOES HENSON ALLOW this???