1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Muppet Fan Confessions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by JimAndFrank, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!
    *jumps off cliff because the world is ending*

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^

JimAndFrank likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You should he seems to be doing so good, and really happy to meet with fans. He has also said he is planning to continue to carry on Jim's legacy with his own work.

Now Confession time:
    I like the Dark Crystal more then Labyrinth.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  4. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you watch the convention with Steve on YT, at one point he references how he's going to continue on with puppetry in some form or the other, which is actually really exciting! Hopefully he will make his own series with his self-developed characters!

JimAndFrank and Pig's Laundry like this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

MUPDATE!

I went ahead and watched a couple of them. He seems to be having fun :). If he is gonna do his own thing now, it'll be interesting to see what he comes up with. I'm kinda hoping he brings Otis back to do something.

6. Pig's Laundry

I think I might actually prefer David Rudman's Cookie Monster over Frank's.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  7. Froggy Fool

Same. David has made Cookie Monster a more well rounded, 3 dimensional character, I think.

8. Pig's Laundry

Exactly! I suspect it's probably because when they recast him he was able to appear in more street stories so the writers got to flesh him out more.
    But yeah, as much as I do love Frank's Cookie, I can't imagine that version being able to carry Cookie's Crummy Pictures.

Froggy Fool likes this.
  9. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Active Member

I have been a Muppet fan for a long time now. I have seen 'the comedians a bear' many times now but I still don't get the joke of the sketch. English isn't my native language but it isn't the worst. I am trying my best to get the joke but it's just not coming through. Could somebody please explain the punchline!

10. dwayne1115

In the English language the word bear has two different meanings. One is the animal, which is Fozzie. The other meaning is being bare naked. So when Kermit says "The comedian is a bear" they are saying Fozzie is the animal bear, but Fozzie turns it around to mean bare naked, and then says he is wearing a neck tie. Hope that helps.

MuppetMan28 likes this.
  11. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Active Member

Wow thanks! I couldn't have figured that out by myself:o

12. Pig's Laundry

I actually never got that before now :o.

Froggy Fool and dwayne1115 like this.
  13. Froggy Fool

When I first watched the Muppet Show when I was younger, I didn't get it either, it wasn't until recently until I got the joke, lol!

14. AfricAnimalAZ

AfricAnimalAZ Active Member

(For those who were visitors of/on SW's blog,) I'm eager for a 'Muppet Pundit' reunion - I hope I'm not wrong, and it's not like I think of it all the time, but I often tell myself on the inside that we'll be talking there again in just a few days...or possibly within the next month -- assuming maintenance on the site has been completed by then.

15. dwayne1115

I absolutely loved his blog! I think he had a lot of nasty trolls on there that wanted to turn everything he and his fans said aginst him. I stood up for Steve on his blog many times, and I still find myself defending him on this site and Facebook.
    As a confession, I still believe Steve was right in everything he has said. I also feel Disney was in the wrong for firing him, and it's just one more step in showing us fans they clearly do not understand the Muppets or there fans.

AfricAnimalAZ and BlakeConor14 like this.
  16. AfricAnimalAZ

AfricAnimalAZ Active Member

I also agree with what he said. Now if only he'd come back...I wish I was there to defend him when the trolls initially attacked. Of course, I'd never want for them to return (or new attackers to come), but in the worst case, if needed, I will say something this time -- I've got responses ready for them...

17. dwayne1115

I still am standing up for Steve, but not for the simple fact he was fired, but I'm standing up for his message.

AfricAnimalAZ likes this.
  18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

There's this teacher at my old middle school who is such a fan of Elmo, that she had him all over her classroom.

In fact, Elmo's Song was even played for the teacher at a special event once.

19. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Kind of the opposite for me, only because I thought Frank's Cookie sounded more natural. David's Cookie sounds like he's trying too hard to get the voice down.

20. Pig's Laundry

To me, it kind of felt like that in David's earlier years as Cookie, but now it sounds more like kind of his own thing.