Muppet Fans...I Need Some Help!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Tomahawk it has to look like an American School Bus, preferably the type that he EM bus was for it to be of any use to me.

Hairfarmer I don't know how close that county is either, but it is a cool bus.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hairfarmer
OK Ken, I think I just found the answer to your problem! I''m not sure how far ya'll are from Bucks County PA, but why use a model that may or may not be accurate when you could drive up and take photos and measurements of this guy here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871330897

'Hope this helps,
J~

Bucks County, PA is about an hour from me (also it the home of Sesame Place). Here is where I get confused. Aren't there school busses in Maryland?

Hairfarmer

Reaction score
There are school busses in all 50 states and probably PR as well. But the Blue Bird busses that everybody uses now are very different in style than the bus used for the EM in the Muppet Movie. Remember that bus is 31 years old! The one I found is pretty close, even though not accurate. The back end is squarer than the '69 'Harvester used in the movie.
J~

Luke

Reaction score
There are people and companies selling old school buses everywhere, so i guess Maryland too. If a search of all these places was done, i guess you'd find an exact model although it does seem they used the rarer one. It's such a close match though - it's just the back end and also some of the front thats different with this bus, though i'm not sure whether Henson modified the front themselves or whether it was actually different on the original bus.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Been searching far and wide for a really good scale model of a school bus, something very similar in make and design of the Electric Mayhem bus from the films.
There was a photo of the bus at www.coolcollecting.com in that Muppeteer article.

Also, it may be the same as me building my Ghostbuster Proton-Pack prop and watching the movie with a LOT of pausing and slow-play for sketching.

Seems Henson would have some stuff on hand, too...

FOZ

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
Ken-

I have info that I think may be useful to you with the EM bus. Would you prefer I post it here, or should I e-mail it to you?

Gonzo

Reaction score
If all else fails, I have the little toy from Wendy's from a few years ago! It's HIGHLY accurate!!!!

I'm just kidding. Really.

Well, I actually have the bus. But its accuracy is doubtful.

I'm not helping, am I?

Crud, I'll have to BUY series 5. Is it out yet?

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn