Muppet Fans in Australia!

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Gerard said:
Where in Australia do you live, Paul?
I live in Gosford as it says under my avatar, I am quite close to Sydney, its a good place because its roughly between Sydney and Newcastle so quite central.

Where do you live?

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
New Australian muppet forum!

I just wanted to let any Australian or NewZealand Muppet/Henson fans that there is now an Australian forum on my site! I would love to get a community of Australian and New Zealand muppet fans together so please sign up.

http://www.muppetsdownunder.com/forum_rules.htm

I'm not trying to imitate muppetcentral at all, this is an Australian specific forum and we need a community like this in Australia.

Please sign up,
Thanks,
from Paul

NikZane

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Hi, I was also interested in knowing if their are any muppet fans in Australia or newzealand, I live in Australia so would love to know if theres any local muppet fans
I am from both those places :big_grin: Although I'm currently in LA, California.

drspy00 said:
I live in Gosford as it says under my avatar, I am quite close to Sydney, its a good place because its roughly between Sydney and Newcastle so quite central.
I know Gosford well. Once upon a time I went to Henry Kendall High School, I don't know if it still exists, but it was like a block or two away from Gosford High School.

I first learnt how to skate(board) in Gosford. Also had my first kiss there.

We lived on Faunce Street next to a small mountain (same street as my school), I can't remember its name but I would spend much of my time exploring it, imagining myself as Indiana Jones or something.

I would love to visit Gosford again sometime. It would be about 16 or 17 years since I last saw it. I imagine much has changed.

I also lived many other places on the Central Coast of NSW (Ettalong, Berkley Vale, The Entrance), but originally grew up in Sydney.

I spent the last 13 years however in Brisbane, QLD

*memories... from the corner of my...*

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Hey, thats a great story! It sure is a small world sometimes. What landed you in the US? sorry to ask anything personal.

I'm sure Gosford was a better place then than it is now, Its not that its not a nice place, theres lots of undesirable people around we call them "Ferals" here, lol. The place is nice because of scenary and stuff but it is becoming a city now. We used to live in the A.C.T the nations capital up until about 1997 and I can tell you the short time we have been here, there have been some enormous changes, theres now shopping centres everywhere. We live in a place called Lisarow which used to be bushland and orange farms etc, right near the Pacific Highway. and I go to (well have just finished) at Lisarow High School. When I started year 8 at the school I used to walk to school through the bush and just this year most of the bush has gone to make way for a big road and new houses. Its quite sad to see it change so much. And about a month ago a new shopping centre opened just near the school, only a small one though.

Henry Kendall High school is still there and so is Gosford High school but Gosford is a selective high school now and only for smart kids! both schools are near Gosford hospital and the Gosford trainstation.

We go to The Entrance quite regularly and sometimes Ettalong too as they have good markets.

I tell you what, I was going to make a small website just for all my photos to be displayed on from the digital camera so I will try to take some photos of various places around the Central Coast and Gosford for you, I have been meaning to for ages for other people to see.

Great to hear you lived in this place too!
from,
Paul :smile:

NikZane

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Hey, thats a great story! It sure is a small world sometimes. What landed you in the US? sorry to ask anything personal.
Heya Paul :big_grin:

Most of my story is posted on the intro thread here.

Be warned, it's long :wink: (I tend to ramble)

drspy00 said:
I'm sure Gosford was a better place then than it is now, Its not that its not a nice place, theres lots of undesirable people around we call them "Ferals" here, lol. The place is nice because of scenary and stuff but it is becoming a city now.
Wow, I can't imagine Gosford being feral infested. Well, I guess I can... the scenery IS beautiful!

drspy00 said:
We live in a place called Lisarow which used to be bushland and orange farms etc, right near the Pacific Highway. and I go to (well have just finished) at Lisarow High School.
Ahh, yes I know Lisarow quite well too! Nice area. The girl with whom I had the afor mentioned "first kiss" lived in Lisarow.

drspy00 said:
When I started year 8 at the school I used to walk to school through the bush and just this year most of the bush has gone to make way for a big road and new houses. Its quite sad to see it change so much. And about a month ago a new shopping centre opened just near the school, only a small one though.
That's the sad thing about progress and I know exactly how you feel. I've lived in so many little towns in my time, it really is sad to see them transform into mini megalopoloses - especially the rural towns - it's awful seeing farm land be subdivided and built upon to make little housing estates, "Oh man, I used to play in a creek over there when I was a kid - now it's a street lined with houses!".

I lived in Terrigal for a short time, when it was a quaint little surfy town. Then they started building big hotels and stuff and it quickly became a tourist mecha.

drspy00 said:
Henry Kendall High school is still there and so is Gosford High school but Gosford is a selective high school now and only for smart kids! both schools are near Gosford hospital and the Gosford trainstation.
Nice to hear HKH is still around. We lived up and over the hill from Gosford train station. (I also know the station very well, 'twas my main form of transport as a kid)

drspy00 said:
We go to The Entrance quite regularly and sometimes Ettalong too as they have good markets.
Wow! The Ettalong Markets are still there! They were there when I lived there... that's so cool. :smile:

drspy00 said:
I tell you what, I was going to make a small website just for all my photos to be displayed on from the digital camera so I will try to take some photos of various places around the Central Coast and Gosford for you, I have been meaning to for ages for other people to see.
Dude, that would be great. I'd so love to see pictures of the CC & Gosford as they are now.

Very nice to meet ya Paul... *shakes hand* :smile:

CraigD

Reaction score
NikZane said:
I spent the last 13 years however in Brisbane, QLD

*memories... from the corner of my...*
Hey NikZane,

I live in Brisbane. Well actually, I live in Ipswich but work in Brisbane and spend most of my time there.

How long since you've been there?

And Paul, I just travelled through parts of the Central Coast on the weekend, as part of a road trip with a group of friends heading down to Sydney for the Rugby League Grand Final. Unfortunately my beloved Broncos weren't there, but I was happy to see the Panthers get up!

NikZane

Reaction score
CraigD said:
Hey NikZane,

I live in Brisbane. Well actually, I live in Ipswich but work in Brisbane and spend most of my time there.

How long since you've been there?

And Paul, I just travelled through parts of the Central Coast on the weekend, as part of a road trip with a group of friends heading down to Sydney for the Rugby League Grand Final. Unfortunately my beloved Broncos weren't there, but I was happy to see the Panthers get up!
Heya CraigD,

It's was only about 6 months ago that I left, so it's still fresh in my mind. I lived mostly in the innercity suburbs; spring hill, red hill, paddington, petrie terrace, and for a short time in the valley. :wink:

I went back for a quick visit about a month ago... as expected, little had changed. :smile: