1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet float in Toronto's Santa Claus Parade

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by mrsieve, Oct 25, 2011.

1. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Kermit appeared on Toronto's CP24 to announce this morning that the Muppets will have a float in this years Toronto's Santa Claus Parade on November 2oth. I feel like lining up right now (once I get over this cold)! :)
  2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

Muppet Domination continues! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! :)
  3. ryan19

ryan19 Member

wow , u guys sure are lucky ... i aint got nothing that yells Muppet domination in my country .
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

awsome! ;) cant wait to see some youtube videos of it maybe? :)
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

nice maybe walter will be with them and jason and amy? you think and maybe some obscure chartcers like uncle deadly will be on it
  6. Lu775

Lu775 Member

CP24 announced yesterday there will be a contest to get to ride on the Muppet float, but haven't announced the details yet.
  7. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Sounds like the Muppets Toronto appearance might also include balloons. This is from the Facebook page of Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Canada (https://www.facebook.com/WaltDisneyStudiosCanada):

"The Santa Claus Day Parade in Toronto is only 10 days away! Next Saturday, November 20, watch as larger-than-life Muppets float down Bloor, Queen’s Park, University, Wellington, Front and Church Streets."
  8. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

9. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I have pictures of the Muppet float from the parade today. I havent been able to go though my video of the parade yet.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  10. muppetlover123

the photos are deleted
  11. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

That was weird. Let's try this again shall we?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. muppetlover123

wow thats pretty cool except no movie promotion and not real muppets
    :(
  13. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I was also hoping for the real Muppets, but a float is better than nothing at all. There was a sign before the float promoting the movie (just didn't add it...though I might now). The float was playing the Muppet theme song (from the movie/soundtrack).
  14. muppetlover123

15. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Here's the sign that came before the float...

[​IMG]
  16. WakaWaka

WakaWaka New Member

Just wanted to drop in here and say that I was the decorator on The Muppet float in the Toronto Santa Claus Parade. It was such a treat getting to work on this float being a life long fan. I know details were unclear about what the float would entail, but Disney wanted to keep things fairly under wraps for the most part. Anyway, hope you guys liked it
  17. WakaWaka

WakaWaka New Member

Also, I was fortunate enough to attend an advance screening of the movie and enjoyed it A LOT! It was a great love letter to the Muppets and I think any fan will be impressed with it.
  18. WakaWaka

WakaWaka New Member

19. Lu775

Lu775 Member

Nice decorating WakaWaka. The float looked great!
  20. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

That is an awesome float!! I totally didn't expect it to be like that! :)