Muppet/Henson Sightseeing in NY

Kamit

Reaction score
My sister and I are going to New York next week for four days of sightseeing, shopping, and taking in Broadway plays (like Phantom of the Opera)

Anyways there are all sorts of movie and TV tours you can take in NY these days (like the "Sopranos" tour and the "Sex And The City" tour) where you go around and see sites conected with the show.

I would love to go on my own "Muppet" tour while in the Big Apple so I was looking for suggestions of spots to visit. I've already thought of:

- The Cathedral of St John The Divine (where Jim's funeral was held)
- The Museum of Radio And Television (which has an extensive Muppet collection)
- Central Park (although "couldn't we ride" bicycles through the park will depend on the rental prices)
- The old offices of The Jim Henson Company (if we find ourselves up around 69th St I'm going to try and walk by and take a picture of the old building - even though it's missing it's stain glassed windows)

Any other spots you can think of?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
"Couldn't We Ride" was filmed in Battersea Park in London, for The Great Muppet Caper. Scenes were filmed in Central Park for The Muppets Take Manhattan.

AAO

Reaction score
I went to NYC and saw the sight where they filmed the big - and to be honest my favorite scene from that movie - scene in Muppets Take Manhattan where Piggy chases down the man who steals her purse. I walked down the path where the stunt Piggy raced on her rollerskates

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
AAO said:
I went to NYC and saw the sight where they filmed the big - and to be honest my favorite scene from that movie - scene in Muppets Take Manhattan where Piggy chases down the man who steals her purse. I walked down the path where the stunt Piggy raced on her rollerskates
yeah so did my mother and i when we went to NYC in sep 05 for the Muppet try outs! :smile:

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
yeah so did my mother and i when we went to NYC in sep 05 for the Muppet try outs! :smile:
Who did you try out for?

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Warrick said:
"Couldn't We Ride" was filmed in Battersea Park in London, for The Great Muppet Caper. Scenes were filmed in Central Park for The Muppets Take Manhattan.
Yeah, we stopped by Battersea Park while in London a few weeks ago, saw where they filmed 'Couldn't We Ride.' It was kind of fun, actually.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
There's also Pete's Restuarant,from The Muppets Take Manhattan.

BEAR

Reaction score
At any rate, I hope you have fun. We'd love to see some pictures from your trip.