Muppet in-jokes

matleo

Reaction score
Okay this came up at one point a few weeks ago ina another discussion, but since then it's been one of those things I couldn't get my mind off of. We all know that the Muppets have a knack for those little in-gags. Those little things that they do to crack themselves up...those tiny things only fans would notice so I was aondering if we coudl name a few. the ones that came up last week included...

1) In Rowlf's kennel in MTM there are two cages marked Jim and Frank

2) In the sketch where the Newsman talks about furniture coming to life and eating people he quotes a "Sherrif David Goelz"

3) In MCC there is a building marked "Statler &Waldorf's". There is also one marked "Micklewhite's" which is Micheal Caine's real last name.

4) In the Lynda Carter episode, the Newman does a report about the Crocodile god Rezal Evad Gib. Hold it up to a mirror...Big Dave Lazer.

5) In the Tony Randall episode when Tony and Scooter are trying different spells to turn Piggy back some of the spells include "Rezal Evad Gib" (again) Noslen Yrrej (jerry Nelson) Eretmihw Evets (Steve whitmire) Zloeg Divad Oznog (Gonzo David Goelz; which incidentally turns Scooter into Gonzo) and Tnuh Drahcir (Richard Hunt; which incidentally turns Scooter back to normal)

6) When Scooter and Fozzie do the telephone pole sketch, Scooter asks "What's your name?" and Fozzie answers "Mike Oznewicz" this is a reference to Frank's father.

7) When Kermit interviews the little old woman who lived in a shoe for SS News, she (played by Frank) confuses Kermit for the babysitter and leaves him in charge of her children among them: Lisa, Cheryl and Brian (Jim's first 3 kids)

8) In the 30th anniversary celebration, Grover leaves the bill with Jim.

9) In MFC Jim and Sprocket get stuck doing the dishes

and
10) In TMM the Muppets sign a contract with Lew Lord. The film was produced by Lord Lew Grade

Does anybody know of some more things like these?

--Matt

Joggy

Reaction score
How could we leave out the Muppets that look like their performers - Jim, Frank, and Jerry; and Dave the Human from Animal Show...

Someone claims that there used to be a Brian Henson Muppet on Muppets Tonight (the guy named Stan in the Whoopi Goldberg episode). Whoever built him had no idea what Brian Henson looked like...

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
Someone claims that there used to be a Brian Henson Muppet on Muppets Tonight (the guy named Stan in the Whoopi Goldberg episode). Whoever built him had no idea what Brian Henson looked like...
Maybe we don't know what Brain Henson looks like.

Sure whenever he's on tv "Brian Henson" pops up to let everyone who can read know that he's Brian Henson. But what if he isn't?

What if this is all one big JHC conspiracy?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Maybe we don't know what Brain Henson looks like.

Sure whenever he's on tv "Brian Henson" pops up to let everyone who can read know that he's Brian Henson. But what if he isn't?

What if this is all one big JHC conspiracy?
So, you are a COMPLEATE loon.

matleo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
How could we leave out the Muppets that look like their performers - Jim, Frank, and Jerry; and Dave the Human from Animal Show...

I watched the Whooppi epsidoe yesterday, but never saw anyone named Stan. I think I know the puppet you're talking about though.

hey, and did you ever notice that Flash from the Jim Henson Hour looks a lot like Steve Whitmire?

--Matt

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
What's a compleate?

HUGBEES!
:mad:Ruh! Spelling! Rah! Spelling bad!:mad:

(begins tossing furniture around)

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry

Whoa! Are you related to Dave Goelz?

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry

You are a monster. But are you on the side of good or evil?

UncleDeadly

Reaction score
Compleate: Isn't that an advanced dance step?

And I'd say he is a cheerleader monster "Ruh! Ruh! Ruh! Sis Boom Buh! Go Muppet Monsters! Yeaaay!"

Whether that is good or evil is anyone's guess. ^_^