Muppet Locations (Film/TV)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!

Hey, the question was brought up about where Pete's Diner was and since nobody seemed to know, I wrote and asked Karen Falk of the JHC Archives and she freely responded (the kind lady she is):
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Kevin:

The interiors of Pete's Diner were a set on the sound stages in Queens at Empire Stages, 50-20 25th Street, Long Island City, NY where the movie was shot. Pretty much all of the interior shots were done there. The exterior shots were on location around NY and NJ (the train station, for example, was the Hoboken Station). The exteriors for Pete's were shot at the Walker Food Shop at 206-8 Varick Street between West Houston and Downing Streets in Greenwich Village.

Hope that helps....

best,
Karen Falk
Archives
The Jim Henson Company
---------------------------------------------------------------------
So, there you have it, gang.

In the meantime, I figured why not just have a whole thread dedicated to Muppet Film/TV locations, because I know that many folks have links to photos, direct addresses, and contact information that we can all share and use this as a reference to find those locations.

~Kev

Not the same Pete, I'm sure...was MTM based on this? Who knows.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW! Thanks for digging up that info, Fozzie.

I think during the TMS run a lot of SS segments (the taped inserts, like Ernie and Bert... not the street stuff) were done in England to save time... but I think I'm wrong.... it was just a theory...