Muppet Makeovers

Pug Lover

Reaction score
:flirt: Have you ever noticed how some muppets had changed their appearance after the first season of TMS?Particularly Fozzie Bear and Miss Piggy.Fozzie was a darker brown color with a slightly wider mouth shape.His voice sounded slightly different too.Even though he was still performed by Frank Oz.Miss Piggy was kind of homely looking,with beatty eyes and a big snout of a nose.Floyd also had slightly different eyes.He couldn't seem to close them the way he famously does now.Not to mention,Janice had a totally different voice.I know that Big Bird and Oscar The Grouch had gone through the same process.During the first season of SS,Big Bird just had a long beak with nothing above his eyes.While Oscar was an orange muppet,not green.Even Kermit seemed to look slightly different then,with slightly smaller eyes. :sing:

jediX

Reaction score
Its all just retooling. Season 1 tms is quite different than the rest, may it be in plot, characters, character appearance, sketches, or character personality. I could go on and on all night about the differences between the seasons, but I'm pretty sure most of us know at least a few.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anything I would have to say the 80's is when they all looked their best. I do not like the new Gonzo (he's expressionless. Over-perfected) nor the new Fozzie (his head is to round where it shouldn't be).

WiGgY

Reaction score
I always liked the GMClooks of the puppets, except for the EM. I liked the EM on TMS best.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yes, I'd have to agree. The best look for the characters came from my personal favorite (closely followed by The Muppet Movie) Muppet film, The Great Muppet Caper.

Did anybody notice how un-shocking Kermit's toupe is after seeing Piggy's hair in The Muppets Take Manhattan?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I noticed that too. A LOT of characters have just a bit. I too think they were at their best during the 80's and they looked great in Great Muppet Caper (except the Electric Mayhem, I liked how they looked in The Muppet Movie, and Statler and Waldorf didn't look that great, IMO)

Zelda Rose

Reaction score
Miss Piggy and her hair styles

I like the way that (Frank Oz?) someone has kept Miss Piggy current in her hair styles. I think her hair looks GREAT in the new Pizza Hut commercials! I also like it when it was that short "bob" in the (was it late) 90's? Did anyone see the "Pigtoria's Secret" tee-shirts etc... that she did at that time?
I remember her hair was that (almost frizzy) curly in the 70's, the it was straight and almost Farrah Fawcet for the 80's? I'm glad they've kept her up with the times. I hate to say it, but I don't know if Piggy would be as popular if someone ahd not kept her changing. She also has a softer look than she did in the 70's, not as...........sharp (?) features. She's a timeless and ageless beauty, and I can only hope that I age as gracefully as her.

(Ok, sorry, but have to laugh at my last line. I do know that she's a Muppet.)

Whatever

Reaction score
Zelda Rose said:
I like the way that (Frank Oz?) someone has kept Miss Piggy current in her hair styles.
I think I heard that Piggy has her own stylist. Seriously. At least for her clothes, it may be a company decision when they change her hair.

Swedish_Cheff

Reaction score
I noticed this too.

XD

Look at the old TMS Season 1 Sam The Eagle head... his eyebrows look attached to each other. The Boppity monster`s eyes are closer to his nose too.

Also, btw, does anyone know in wich episodes Thog and Sweetums appear?