1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet merchandise in Japan

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by shimauta, May 21, 2007.

1. shimauta

shimauta Member

I dont know how many muppet fans there are here in Japan, but check out this great merchandise! FYI - the website is in Japanese but you should still be able to see the good selection that is offered.

http://ec.scp.co.jp/scp/chekila/sho...d=28&category=&goods=&title=&keyword=&style=L
    The store that offers muppet merchandise can be found throughout Tokyo and also has a great selection of Sesame Street items (unfortunately these are not available online) and is actually run by Sony Creative Products Inc.

2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

こんにちは、そしてmuppet Centralへようこそ。
    (Hello, and welcome to Muppet central)
    I wish I had the Kermit pen with Kermit sitting in his chair and the pen that looks like Kermit swings around the pen.They are great. I have a Kermit push puppet by Sony (not to be confused with the Kermit 3D animator by Fun for all) and The Muppet Show Dream touch light by SCP.
    Thanks for the link.

3. muppetperson

WOW, just realised there are another 5 pages. The Muppets must be big in Japan!

4. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

wow this stuff is awsome!

5. shimauta

shimauta Member

Muppets in Japan

Actually hardly anyone knows who they are here in Japan which surprised me when I saw all of that great merchandise. Needless to say I think I purchased quite a bit of it, lol. Everyone here knows Sesame Street, and "the frog reporter" but that is the extent of it. They also used to show Fraggle Rock here on TV when I was young.

6. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Welcome to the fourm shimauta :)

Thanks for posting the link :)

7. shimauta

shimauta Member

Thank-you!

Thanks! Maybe in the future if you ever were interested in obtaining some of this stuff we could arrange a trade for videos :)

8. muppetperson

I wouldnt mind doing a trade for the 2 Kermit pens but I dont have spare videos, unless there was something that I could buy for you over here?

9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Check your PM box ;)

10. shimauta

shimauta Member

Thanks!

I would be happy to try to arrange a trade with anyone who wants to!

11. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Hey, cool stuff. :)

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome aboard Muppet Central!

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen Sesame Street figures/figurines/pvcs in Japan?

Back in 2002 someone showed me a sony wonder sesame Japanese site
    that had a ton of really cool and unique Sesame Street merchandise, some of it being really cool figures...but I could never find that site again.

13. shimauta

shimauta Member

Sesame in Japan

Really? I will definitely look! The same store that retails the muppet stuff also has a ton of great sesame street stuff but it isnt available on their website. I havent come across any figures though. I bet they are floating around on the auction sites here though. Sanrio (Hello Kitty) also has a great line of sesame stuff here. Ill see if I can find any pictures...

14. shimauta

shimauta Member

15. shimauta

shimauta Member

16. muppetperson

HA HA-Crap your hands!

17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Being a white American boy who loves things from Japan, I am very interrested in stuff like this. You know, American characters reinvisioned as Japanese products. It seems mostly feminine products though... but I LOVE that Kermit pen.

Somehow, I always expect to see some really wild stuff, like Super Deformer Kermit plush or something. I still am kicking my self for not buying any of the Muppet Show Kurbricks a while back (I got the Grover one, though). I really wish I could have found those Sesame Candy figures someone posted a while ago.

18. shimauta

shimauta Member

Japanese Sesame

Yeah some of the japanese toys that are based on American characters can be pretty cool. I still see the Muppet and Sesame kubricks on Japanese auction sites but they are usually quite pricey. It seems like the Japanese people also like to enlarge the heads of characters too:
    http://www.sesame-street.jp/Enjoy/goods/goods.aspx?goods=LG-0030

19. If I was a girl I would be all over most of these items...cool shirts though. I wish they had better close ups so you could read what was on the back. I'm curious about the "Muppet Fan Club" shirt. I'd like to be that geeky!

20. shimauta

shimauta Member